Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why is scottish power offering worse deals to existing customers

posted by scootmatt | A year ago

I am a Scottish Power customer. If I try to switch tariff on the scottish power website I am offered only bad deals. If I use a price comparison site I am able to "switch" from Scottish Power TO Scottish Power with a much better deal??????

5 comments
Highlighted

posted by rwhite | A year ago
Re: why is scottish power offering worse deals to existing customers

I know, it is quite a direct con that ofgem seem to be unwilling to address. It is not wonder the big 6 suppliers behave as they do if ofgem do nothing. They intentionally advised me in January of their Tariff offerings and put me on an expensive one. They argue that they did not misguide me, its just that the lower costs Tariff's are not availbale to me.

OFGEM - What are you doing about this or is it business as usual, keep sending me the salary checks etc etc etc

posted by Jimy | A year ago

Also offered unacceptable scotish power rate.

Switched from Eon last year.

Moving back TO EON after 12 months.

What a waste of resources.. TAKE POWER AWAY FROM GREEDY PRIVATE COMPANIES NOW.

It is not that people are that stupid. It takes time to sort out each year and they just hope for in  inertia

posted by mickeydee2018 | A year ago
All tariffs are available to new and existing customers, Scottish power does not charge an exit fee to move between tariffs so if a new cheaper tariff is available you can switch without charge, a lot of suppliers offer exclusive tariffs on price comparison sites this is not limited to the big 6 suppliers, I have seen it from small suppliers too, also Scottish power has a section on your bill advising if a cheaper tariff is available and they write to you before you fixed tariff ends making you aware of tariffs available, I wouldn't say this an attempt to put you on the most expensive option, ofgem does not allow your supplier to switch you to their cheapest tariff automatically when your fix ends it must move you to their variable tariff, it is every customers responsibility to shop around when their tariff ends

Oh this is good to know. Do you work for Scottish Power?  I have contacted Scottish Power through their call centre but was unable to clarify whether I could switch to a Scottish Power tariff by using a price comparison website.

It has been confirmed by Scottish Power that you CAN switch to any tariff, BUT some tariffs are ONLY available through price comparison sites. So although this is a faff, this is what I will do.