Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A New Day for Energy

posted by  Eilidh | 4 years ago

Kevin our PowerUp business expert has written a blog on how PowerUp works (you can read it here).

What do you think of the concept?  If you’re a PowerUp customer can you share how you feel PowerUp helps you better manage your energy usage?

5 comments

posted by Donyatt_Dan | 3 years ago
Re: A New Day for Energy

I have an account but would like to add another. How do I open up an account for Power up?

posted by  Gordon | 3 years ago

Hi @Donyatt_Dan, just to check are you looking to set up a PowerUp account for another property and keep your existing account open?

posted by Davc | 3 years ago
I have used PowerUp since April 17, it is cheaper for me than taking a conventional fixed price deal. I like the idea and have used a tactic of buying 6 months ahead, which is the cheapest option.
However the App is not very robust, it does not react well when one contract expires and a new one starts, on two occasions I have had to report this and have been told to uninstall and reinstall and submit new meter readings, it works, but the whole process seems a bit flaky.
So I think it is a good idea but let down by unreliable software.
Another criticism is that the current offer prices are not displayed on the App, and are quite deeply hidden on the SP web pages at https://www.scottishpower.co.uk/powerup-support/information-archive. The prices should always be easily accessible and SP should send out an email when the prices change.

posted by  Eilidh | 3 years ago
Hi @Davc, thanks for your feedback on this! I will pass this onto our PowerUp product team and also our app developers!

posted by Davc | 3 years ago

Hi Eilidh

I am enjoying the discussions, particularly on PowerUp. I think your Community is easier to use than TalkEnergy and for now I am spending most of my time with you. I particularly like getting email alerts when someone answers a topic, TalkEnergy cannot do that.

It is interesting to hear from people who struggle with the PowerUp app, it seems to cause a lot of problems and spoils a good idea. If you want more feedback from me I would be happy to get more involved with the PowerUp team.