Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot buy Electricity on PowerUp Android App. Authentication request = Page not found

posted by dcj99b | A year ago

I have nearly run out of electricity.

I have phone the Power Up desk, they said to re-install the App.  That was a waste of time.

Power Up problems seem to be sucking my life away. 

Nobody wants to solve issues.

I have to wait 6 days for someone technical to phone me back.

My problem is .....

I have tried to buy a package using the Android App.

I enter everything, then the CVV number,

Then the Authentication Request page appears,

But it says :

Web page not available

The Web page at https://tsys.arcot.com/acspage/cap?RID=24302&VAA=B might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

Here are some suggestions:

Check to make sure that your device has a signal and data connection Reload this web page later.
View a cached copy of the web page from Google.

9 comments

posted by  Gordon | A year ago
Re: Cannot buy Electricity on PowerUp Android App. Authentication request = Page not found
Hi @dcj99b, just to let you know I added "PowerUp" to the title of this post just in case others have the same issue it means they can find it easier.

The most likely reason for the above happening is due to a loss of internet connectivity, the webpage you have visited is a secure web view that authenticates the payment. Were you on a WiFi connection or using mobile data when this occurred?

It is likely if you try again it should work. Let me know if not though.

Re: Cannot buy Electricity on PowerUp Android App. Authentication request = Page not found

Hi Gordon

My connection is good, I checked by sending emails before and after the attempt.

I also tried using a friends internet, many miles away.

I also tried a Visa card and got a similar Authentication error , but from a Barclaycard address.

Today I have phone in with meter readings, and have had proper bills created.

I have deleted PowerUp app and installed latest version 1.1.6

But still I can't buy any electricity.

Hi @dcj99b, would you mind sharing what Android device you are using and what version of Android you are on? 

I've tried my PowerUp account on Android 8.00 and have been able to put an electricity payment through, so just trying to narrow down what could be causing this. 

Hmm.. Well...
My main smartphone is Asus A68 Padfone 2 running Android 4.1.1
I know you may say this is old, but no one makes a phone/tablet package these days and I have always found this system great.
I checked all the setting and could not find anything that might block web accesses.
Now, my wife has a pad she uses for games, no phone in it, "Unusual" (yes that's the name of the manufacturer) TB-U8X Model Unusual_8x running Android 4.4.2
I simply loaded on PowerUp, created my account and it allowed me to buy a package.
So perhaps your package is not compatible with 4.1.1
Regards Derek
Highlighted

Someobdy sent me an email asking if I got the answer I needed.

We I found a workaround , if you read my earlier post.

posted by Jasonboy | A year ago
Trying to buy a package on my phone is doing my head in!!! When phoning told it will take 5 days for someone to help me. Is this smart or what.

Hi @Jasonboy, what phone are you using?

Galaxy A5 (2017)

Scottish powerup does not recognise my debit card.