Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing from prepayment to direct debit

posted by jimra56 | 4 months ago

How do I arrange to change from pre payment to direct debit through a smart meter?

4 comments

posted by Davc | 4 months ago
Re: Changing from prepayment to direct debit

To change from pre payment to a credit account you have to apply to customer services. If you are in a rented accommodation you also have to get the landlord's permission. It will probably involve a change of meter and a credit check, so it is quite a long process.

posted by kimmy | A week ago

Good Morning,

over a month ago i made a request to change from a prepayment meter to monthly direct debit, provided all of my deatils for the credit check and landlord permission and was told i would be notified by e-mail. It was a lenghty process and i have not heard anything back.

Thanks Kim

Highlighted

posted by Davc | A week ago

@kimmy   You could remind them again, maybe they are sorting out a new meter installation for you?

posted by W23951935w | 6 days ago

I have been trying  to get a smart meter fitted , and pay by direct debit,I phoned customer services and arranged for

someone to change the meter last thursday 10/10/2019 but no one turned up I am not happy with the service very poor

I explained to the lady that the meter  was faulty as for example if I put £20. in it regsted £50.