Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How do I turn off the Go Green Bolt On?

posted by monab | 11 months ago

I was advised when taking my current tariff that I could turn off the Go Green Bolt On online and it would be straightforward. However, I cannot see anything to help with this when I log on and when I call Scottish Power no one knows either. They say I need to go on their online chat, but no one responds on that. Is this some kind of scam?!

12 comments
Highlighted

posted by Davc | 11 months ago
Re: How do I turn off the Go Green Bolt On?

I did not know it is hard to set up, but when it was announced I thought it does nothing to increase the supply of green energy. All it does is give you personal satisfaction. The green energy is always used to the max and this is another way of charging extra for it so individuals can feel they are being helpful. 

Highlighted

posted by Otakar | 9 months ago
There is a source for gas and electric, and the differant company's charge us what they like for the same source. we dance to their tune. compitition is a con. to artificially increase prices. its the same with insurance petrol super markets, they get together divide the pie, never undercut each others pieces. which means they can charge the maximum minimum.
Highlighted

posted by Otakar | 9 months ago
Icant find any seperate cattagorie for Green Bolt On/Off they arre theives no two ways about it.
Highlighted

posted by dondotwinks | 8 months ago

Has anyone figuered how to turn this green thing off yet? I never asked for it! 

Highlighted

posted by BrianAC | 8 months ago

I also got caught on this one.

I clicked on 'get more information' and it added the obnoxious 'green bolt' without consent. I could never find out any more about it until after three months I noticed the charges on my account.

Thank you to the person explaining how to control it.

I feel a more wider compaint should be made, maybe to the media.

Highlighted

posted by  SPHelp | 3 months ago

To manage your Go Green bolt on, you can go to the update personal details section of your 'My Account' which will give you the option to unsubscribe to the bolt on. 

Highlighted

posted by lizzie1953 | 3 months ago

Hi   i have also had great problems with this and Scottish Power says it can only be cancelled through Edit Personal Details section on My Account but THERE IS NO SUCH SECTION in the new website. Its driving me nuts as NOBODY at SP can advise how to access this section.  Emailing Contactus@Scottishpower only resulted in six automated replies guiding me to the support and help section which i have already tries continueously for days.  Surely every website should a straight process for editing personal details online?  I can just change tariff i suppose but this does not solve the problem of accessing your own personal details.  DID ANYONE EVER ACTUALLY GET A SOLUTION TO THIS PLEASE

Highlighted

posted by Davc | 3 months ago

@lizzie1953     Use a tablet or laptop rather than a phone. Log into your account and click the top right logo of a picture of a person.  Choose My Details from the next screen. You can change things there. 

Highlighted

posted by lizzie1953 | 3 months ago

hi Dave,   thank you for your answer but i have tried all this.  after hours on the phone to customer services apparently they are still working on 'edit my details' section on the NEW AND IMPROVED' page.  what is the use in applying a bolt on which only the user can cancel when there is no provision to do so.  i have sent a strong complaint to SP about this but if there responses so far are anything to go by i will have a long wait for feedback (other than ANOTHER automated message guiding me to the problem section).  i am on the verge of just cancelling my account and changing suppliers to be honest but i have been a SP customer for years and this is the first MAJOR issue i have encountered,