Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New PowerUp prices

posted by Davc | A year ago

A new price list is available dated April 18, the first price incrrease since Sep 17. In my area the price increase was 7% electricity and 8% gas, still cheaper than a fix deal but not such a big difference now. Prices are given here and include VAT at 5%:

https://www.scottishpower.co.uk/powerup-support/information-archive

10 comments

posted by Ernie_C | A year ago
Re: New PowerUp prices

Disappointing that there is no advance warning of increases in PowerUp pricing so we can buy in advance.

Where is pricing announced so I can look out for it next time?

Just checked the info on the 31 March general price increase and it says the following about PowerUp:

733C9C9C-3556-4A86-886A-F39B249757A1.png

...so when and how were we advised about the change in PowerUppricing?

Ah, I see now. Tell the truth but miss out the important facts. The variable rate is unchanged but the packages have gone up significantly. See below for my area:

01F3B06C-B912-4F40-800E-31F710F5B090.jpegDD63FBBF-4084-4E11-9870-63860AAAE798.jpeg

There was no warning, I noticed today, Maybe they published on Monday 9th. 

I don’t understand. Direct Debit and Quarterly Cash. The packages can only be bought by pre paying. I suspect it is only the direct debit price which applies. I thought both sets of prices were the same until I saw your data. 

Sorry, @Davc.

The two tables are Apr 18 and Sep 17.

Din’t know why they say DD and quarterly. i’ll Look again at the two documents.

The Apr 18 document says DD and the old Sep 17 says quarterly cash. Of course, neither is correct for PowerUp. Presumeably it should say purchase in advance by debit or credit card.

posted by DHogg | A year ago
Hi Ernie C.
Was the press release 31 March 2017 or 2018?
Although I've found the new Tariff, I can't find a price rise press release.
You're quite correct in DD and Cash not being right for PowerUp but isn't that just another indicator of how little Scottish Power understands their own product?

posted by batman | A year ago

i am meant to get 30 days notice. SP have said this is incorrect dispite it on my tariff when i signed up. I am awaiting a deadlock letter which they have not provided and have closed my complaint even though it is not finished.

Untitled.png