Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLEASE READ how Scottish Power treat VULNERABLE PEOPLE, then LEAVE THEM

posted by MaryByrne10 | 4 months ago

I'm 70, and live in sheltered accomodation. A friend of mine, Mary, moved into a private flat in Dec 2018. She cannot read or write, is disabled, and extremely vulnerable. When she moved in the only pre-payment cards were for the previous tenant, who owed £170 on the gas. Sher spent the first year or so without gas because she didn't understand how to solve the problem, and every time she tried to top up it took her money off her. Thats no gas, no heat, hot water or cooking. I found out last year and was contacting SP from July onwards, and its still not resolved now so we're moving to British Gas. After in excess of TWO HUNDRED EMAILS plus, multiple phone calls, three official complaints, and after SP had sent out replacement cards, there still, in 2021 today, £190 owing on the meter from the previous person, SP WILL NOT clear the meter, make appointments then don't show up. I put £10 on it last week and there was £3 left, and Scottish Power's answer, let her run out, call the emergency line, and we'll send someone out in 3 hrs.  A few weeks ago she put £40 on the meter and £30 was taken out. THEY REFUSE TO ATTEND THE PROPERTY, and after 26 MONTHS STILL HAVE NOT RESOLVED THIS PROBLEM, and Mary, who's health is poor, is NOT ALLOWED EMERGENCY CREDIT for a bill SHE DOESN'T OWE.   I've said before this is the ABSOLUTE WORST CUSTMER SERVICE for a VULNERABLE person I have ever witnessed in my life.  If you stay with this lot and things aren't right, you only have yourselves to blame. Shocking in 2021 that they are happy to let people freeze, or not have hot running water.

3 comments

Top answer

posted by Carolinemilton | 3 months ago
Re: PLEASE READ how Scottish Power treat VULNERABLE PEOPLE, then LEAVE THEM
They are a disgrace, I have arthiritis and had breast cancer surgery and radiotherapy. I had to ring council cos my boiler wasnt working, to find out it wasnt my boiler. The gas engineer called cadet who replaced regulator on my meter, to find out it was not this the meter was faulty and cadet capped it. So scottish power sent an engineer out last night to replace the meter and he capped it. Rung this morning to be told someone will be with me soon to uncap it, no one came. So I rung them back up to be told I had to ring national grid to sort it, they gave me a number which was emergency gas, to be told they dont do this and national grid do not deal with the public my supplier has to get in touch with them. Then I'm told on there facebook page i have to get my own engineer to sort it out, by the way i was quoted £150 to do it. I am on the sick how do i afford this, will be 3 days tomorrow i have sat in the freezing cold, no heating or hot water. Once my contract is up I will be looking else where for gas and electric. And will not be recommending anybody to them.

posted by MaryByrne10 | 3 months ago
Mary ran out of gas again and was sitting at home with no central heating, hot water, or able to use her cooker. We put £20 on her card as I did not want to leave her like that, but when I got back there was only £6 remaining, and NO EMERGENCY credit. Its absolutely disgusting, and today I got another person emailing me from Uzbekistan saying they wouldn't talk to me. (Mary cannot read or write and is disabled). Its taken 8 months but Scottish Power have left her losing money. I advise anyone and everyone, spread the word, get rid of Scottish Power.

posted by Lu4mu0 | 3 months ago
I would like to hear a response from Sco Pow