Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by YassinBhugaloo | 5 months ago
Re: PLEASE READ how Scottish Power treat VULNERABLE PEOPLE, then LEAVE THEM
The law allows them to do so? Disable people not safe at all please can some step forward talk to me even today on staff spoke to my wife saying they will come to replace the smart meter the staff saying yes they award this company and the can get in your house this message been record police will get involved again and Mp will get involved with you guys footage I have would be enough the break the law

posted by DavC1 | 5 months ago

Sorry to hear all that, but did you refuse admission to your property? They have a legal right to look at the meters. 

posted by ScarPower1 | 5 months ago
I cannot get through, spoke on chat yet poor lady seemed to be replying to what she was being told. So basically I have multiple health difficulties, moreso mental health disabilities which has been cause for my failings to resolve issues i have with my Pre-Payment Meter. My issues are with cost and SP stating Actual readings which are clearly Factual, please can you tell me if you think that from April 2019-2020 I had topped up £2058 for electricity ONLY, this being the highest to date but not far off yet SP are refusing to help me, stating I am to have a smart meter and that will show my consumption. I gave photos of the meter screens i took May2021 which are jpeg evidence and because today's photos are not corresponding calculatively I was told that my photos must be "Fictitious". I jus want to be charged for me to pay at a appropriate rate because this time next month don't bear thinking about. I am petrified and struggling to obtain help, I have no debt with SP and have tried multiple times to get through to a speaking line to attempt resolve, because I have not felt able to argue the meter problems due to my struggles with mental health and having no family/services to support or assist with this for me I feel totally punished. I simply want to be treated right instead of being cheated by billing spite! Do you have any advice or opinions on this please guys?! I can't take any further rejection from SP it's too much, they have No Care regardless of my vulnerabilities, so sad and I am too confused, upset and exhausted to deal with the awful disregard they have of me. Anything will help I'm sure guys...?

@ScarPower1  Sorry to hear all that.  You need to be clear what the problem is. When you speak to customer services tell them exactly how you disagree.  Of course your disability is important, but it does not explain what you want SP to change.  Electricity is very expensive for heating and £1000 a year is not unusual these days. Good Luck. 

posted by ScarPower1 | 5 months ago
Thanks so much for your reply! I just spoke to a lovely young man who tried so very hard to convince me that around £2000 a year for Electricity ONLY is about right and there is advice to preserve energy consumption that he can email me. With the energy prices going to extremes for all next week I can honestly say that I can No longer survive trying to pay for the Electricity let alone the separate Gas bill. After 20+ years keeping my own home, raising 4 children and managing a budget amazingly in multiple ways, even taking my children on cheap annual (memory making nonetheless) holidays and yet on and off benefits due to my issues, it comes down to the Electricity bill that will have me unable to survive, SP and the costs of my bills are cause for which has now finished off my previous personal pride and graciousness I had on my budget skills and management whilst raising my children. The £200 my local government has graced me with in assisting with the rise of Energy will last 3 weeks in topping up the meter and after that it's game over. There seems to be No resolve and I just have to remind myself of what I taught my children in regards to using my budget skills no matter what, I'm proud of that!.. Again, thank you so so very much for your reply, you're doing such wonderful things in this blog by advising those desperate, like me, Thank you.

@ScarPower1   Can your children help you to manage your electricity?  £2000 a year is very expensive if you have gas for heating.  Try to avoid using electricity for any hot water or room heating.  From what you have said I think you must be using electricity for heating, you should always use  gas  heating because it is so much cheaper.

Sadly 2022 will give us all double our normal fuel bills, so if you feel you can't manage maybe it's time to sell the house and downsize to a small rented property, your children can advise you.  Good Luck.