Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POWER UP AND APPALLING CUSTOMER SERVICE

posted by cazza16 | A year ago
13 comments

Re: POWER UP AND APPALLING CUSTOMER SERVICE
I would just like to let everyone know what appalling customer service I have received from Scottish Power since changing onto their Powerup tariff. The app hasnt worked since day 1. Both gas and electric applications wouldnt show any meter information etc. I pre paid for packages to try and make my bills cheaper as I am a single parent.. I have no access to my app as it doesnt work. You cannot contact the Powerup team directly. The contact centre staff have no training on trying to resolve matters to do with Power Up. They admit themselves the situation is ridiculous. I raised a complaint back in January. This still remains UNRESOLVED despite it being assigned to Sally Williams. I have spent hours, taken time off work to try and resolve this matter over the last few months and still no luck. The call centre will not let you speak to anyone in the the Powerup team directly. Now my Powerup tariff has been closed without any warning and I have been put on a standard rate as they inform me that I am not eligible anymore for Powerup despite checking this and having confirmation that I am eligible before signing up. Scottish Power have MIS SOLD this tariff to me and their information on the web site and what I was informed by their staff was incorrect. Despite paying hundreds of pounds up front for gas and electric packages they still tried to take a further direct debit from my bank account which meant a visit to my bank to get this returned. Over 8 WEEKS LATER my complaint is still unresolved. I am a customer and I have never been treated so unfairly by a company EVER. I am now waiting for yet another call back......... Utter disgrace.

posted by Wisemonkey | A year ago

If you look at Google Play Store you can see that the Powerup  App has been downloaded a mere 1000 times! It's my belief that that's essentially the root of the problem - the take-up is so small that SP have no financial incentive to fix what is essentially a broken product! Surely the purpose of smart meters - which are as reliable as this App - and this App is to guide energy consumption and hence control bills! Somewhat difficult when the app/smartmeters don't update 9 days out of every ten! SP - either fix the problems or start offering compensation! The powers that be at SP might want to think one thing over - banks/insurers  thought they could get away with misselling their products - look what happened to them! I'll be speaking to my solicitors next week!

posted by Bryan | A year ago
I subscribed to Power up on the 10th February 18 purchase 2 x 30-day packages. This was repeated on the 27th February, and on the 4th April, I purchased 180 days Gas for £58.70 and 180 days Electric for £215.13. Today I've been told by my Power up App that I've used all my electricity and I've only got 2 days gas left. I contacted SP raised a complaint with some poor call handler who didn't know or knew little about PU. I have been booked in for a telephone call on the 13th April 18 between 1000 and 1200. My PU app has told me that I've used £952 worth of Electricity so far this April !!!. The whole system is poorly managed neither of my smart meters uploads data and I have to do reads every couple of days. Having been with Scottish power since 2004 I'm going to look elsewhere once they sort out where my £273.83 has gone.

posted by Clydie | A year ago
I recently moved to Scottish Power specifically to use PowerUp. A great mistake. I am completely lost for words to describe my disappointment at the utter chaos of my numerous failed attempts to sign up for this. Worse still, my previous energy supplier gave me excellent and consistently reliable service.

Despite several more calls my complaint still remains UNRESOLVED!! If this continues for much longer I will be taking legal action. Cannot believe the utter INCOMPETENCE shown by this company.

posted by Bryan | A year ago
Cazza16. Try the energy ombudsman

posted by Evertonian | 5 months ago

My gripe is issuing 2 accounts to the same house - wrong house number on both occasion

posted by PUvictim | 4 months ago
I used to be able to monitor my costs successfully with the app. It then stopped showing the Usage and Forecast function and nobody responds at Scottish power.

posted by Davc | 4 months ago

Mine is working alright. Are you really talking about PowerUp or the My Energy App? Two different things.