Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by Barrons352 | 11 months ago
Re: Power Up App Connection
Power up was stopped earlier this year. Didn't you get an email. They discontinued this service and stopped everyone buying new packages. Customers, me included had problems for months but they did not disclose reason. If you checked online you might have noticed their partner collecting monies stopped service last year and we're bought out by Barclays.
Hence no one could purchase new energy packages and after months they decided to discontinue service. Would suggest you look for alternative supplier . Hope this helps. Do not get in touch with customer service as complete waste of time. Been there done it, drives one insane. Good luck

posted by Davc | 11 months ago

Hi Barrons, yes SP no longer offer PowerUp, but there are many customers still using the system including myself, I bought a new package only this week. 

Lucky You  so why on earth did they send me the following mail on the 26 April last year as below :-

Quote " Thank you for your recent e-mail regarding your energy account 16015227903.

I am sorry to inform you that ScottishPower has withdraw the PowerUp tariff. However, I can see that your current tariff is PowerUp. This will deactivated till you have your package balance. After that you will not be able to purchase anymore packages. You can discuss this matter with our customer care executive and change your tariff to a fixed deal tariff.

I trust this resolves the matter for you, however, should you require further assistance please visit our website at www.scottishpower.co.uk alternatively you can contact us free on 0800 027 0072. We are open from 8:00am to 10:00pm Monday to Friday and 8:30am to 6:00pm Saturday. If you are calling from abroad please telephone 00(+)44 141 652 4091.

Kind regards
Subhashis Banerjee
Customer Services Representative
Scottish Power
www.scottishpower.co.uk

What do you say to that. I find it very strange 

posted by Davc | 11 months ago

Hi again Barrons  I agree a very unusual email you had. There was certainly a lot of chaos and confusion about Powerup and maybe at one stage it was decided to wind it up, but then other thoughts prevailed and they decided to stop new applications but keep existing customers? I don't know but I hope they keep it and even relaunch eventually,  I think you were just unlucky to be booted off the system, sorry.

If you are happy that's fine . I was treated like an idiot for months on end with plenty of false information. After months of hell i decided to look elsewhere after receiving there mail. I chose another supplier and stress free. Power Up was a bad choice for me and worse after picking there smart meters. The system was bad and they didn't know how to remedy situation. End of story. Wouldn't use them again.

posted by walterhowarth | A week ago
Since having the smart meters fitted cannot have the electric meter readings from the app on my iPhone. Have emailed this problem without any satisfaction.
Don’t have any problem with the gas, must be IT problem with you, app or electric smart meter!
Highlighted

posted by Davc | A week ago

@walterhowarth  Do you really mean PowerUp? it is a special account that is being closed down next year. The normal SP app is called Your Energy.

The app has been giving problems recently and is expected to be back to normal soon.

posted by walterhowarth | A week ago
Walterhowarth
I was referring to PowerUp app. Have been using this tariff for some time and agree it’s a Great system, until a problem after having their smart meters fitted ( only with the electric smart meter) the gas works. Wasn’t aware ScottishPower was discontinuing this tarriff, hope they reconsider, otherwise I shall have to change tariff.

posted by Davc | A week ago

@walterhowarth   I am in PowerUp as well, it is a good system, I have not had smart meters and I am not surprised they don’t work with PowerUp. Can you still put in manual readings?  Sadly I don’t think SP would put in effort to make a system work if it is scheduled to close. 

Powerup is closing in November 2020 they sent an email at the start of 2019. I am already being cautious not paying forward too far.  My app is still working perfectly. 

posted by DHogg | A week ago

I had PowerUp until I moved home recently. I had no problem with Smart Meter Readings other than they're always 2-3 days behind. I could be wrong but I believe I read the Gas Smart Meter actually communicates through the Electric Smart meter rather than have separate communictions, so if you are getting Gas readings but not Electric Readings, it suggests an IT problem at the SP end.
As I said I recently moved. Gas Readings started within 2 days of Smart Meter being installed but first Electric Reading was over a week later.