Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by Nelson | 3 months ago
Re: Power Up App Connection

Well folks this is now day 43 without any connection to the PowerUp app and no correspondence since 02/02/2018. According to this last correspondence my complaint is still active, albeit when i access the complaint tracker to check on it's progress - it states that their are no outstanding complaints !!!! Customer Care are due to get back to me with an update today - nothing has arrived. I was unable to enter meter readings at the end of Jan as I cannot access the PowerUp app and I cannot enter the readings via the Scottish Power account site. ( I don't understand why we are unable to enter meter readings other than via the app?) My current contract, according  to my own estimate will have  ran out by now, so where do we go from here? This is becoming like a game of hide and seek - I am seeking - SP are hiding!

Highlighted

posted by Davc | 3 months ago
What a Saga Nelson, you seem to have a login security problem which once you can 'get in' should not interfere with the account. However you are now on the more expensive day-pay tariff so you should be pressing for compensation because you have not been able to buy a longer term cheaper deal. They will be chasing you for payments soon I expect.
I would ring them up and say I want to talk through login problems with the technical team. When I first joined PowerUp I had a password problem and a very helpful person reset my account and talked through the process as I generated a new password.
After this if no sucess your only recourse is to go back to a traditional tariff, or leave SP altogether.

posted by Chris15c | A month ago
6 hours to get through to SP today just so I could give them my first meter readings. Wish I'd seen all these complaints before I moved over. The app is absolutely crap. Tried from a Windows PC Android tablet even from a Mac. Same problems which ever OS you use. It's not just bad customer service there is absolutely no service.

posted by Nelson | A month ago

Pleased to say  that after 9 weeks we finally have a connection to the Power Up app. I have updated readings and taken out two new packages, so fingers crossed all seems to be working - for now!

posted by Davc | A month ago

Good news Nelson, welcome to the club, my PowerUp account is also working perfectly now and when I compare it to April 2019 fix deals it is saving me £150/year. With savings interest rates being close to zero it is a good home for some spare money.

posted by Barrons352 | A month ago
Have been with Power up for some time now and was happy until I tried to renew my packages around 2nd April when I got my latest statements . I went through the normal process until payment authorisation when prompted Web page unavailable. Strange as my payment details were valid so I got in touch to be told delete app and wait a few days then reinstall. After weeks of various nonsense and no resolution I made my own investigation to find out the The Logic Group who handle the smartpay ceased offering its services and advised online it was ceasing operation from 31/12/17 and was bought by Barclays. This date seems to coincide with the start of issues for many people who's stories I've read. Today I received mail from Scottish Power advising Power Up Product unavailable from 20/4 and I should look for another supplier via U Switch. Well done Scottish Power for their excellent service Not and keeping customers in the dark.

posted by Davc | A month ago

Hi Barrons. Nobody else has mentioned 'PowerUp not available frrom 20/4/18', so maybe it was only for your account. However I am concerned that PowerUp advertising has been removed from the SP website and I would like to know what is going on? Are they just not accepting new orders, or is it a start of a closure process? In spite of a lot of problems reported here there must be nevertheless a lot of people happy with PowerUp and who would be sorry to see it go. I hope this is just a pause in the process and it will be relaunched when the well known computer problems have been solved. Any body can comment? @Eilidh ?

posted by Barrons352 | A month ago
We seem to be having same issues. Since 2 April when my statements received tried to buy new packages. Updated readings and told I owed 2 days energy on gas and electric even though I was I credit. Went into buy packages and reached payment stage on debit card . After many call and non in return against complaint in investigated the Logic Group who manage smartly system. They stopped on 31/12/18 and issued statement to that effect see online. Bought by Barclays that's why no payments accepted and I do think think Scottish Power have sorted issue out. Received mail from Power Up saying they have closed Power Up and I should look for new energy supplier, how's that for customer service. Going to write to Ofgem.

posted by jakki9981 | 4 weeks ago

Go through the engery onbusman ScottishPower have had a short fall in customer service ove4 power up it has ended and they failed to tell people live since had a letter of apology and £50 credit for there down fall I advise you all to make a complaint they will send it to deadlock like they did with me the ring onbusman