Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power Up App stopped showing what Gas left

posted by staylor3uk | 4 months ago

I have been using Powerup for around six weeks now after some intial issues trying to log in, that eventually a nice lady who knew what she was doing sorted it by resetting my password as I was moving from a dual fuel tariff.  Since then I have used the app to enter meter readings several times, however I logged into the the app on 29th Jan on my iphone to enter my readings and afterwards the electricity screen adjusted my credit and lenth of time as usual, however the gas screen now just says "We are currently unable to show your gas balance" I have waited a few days to see if it clears but it has not, ive put new readings in today to see if that would rectify it but not.  Any idea's as to whats going on? is there a dedicated phone or email address for powerup enquiries?

Have attached a screen shot, as I can log into my acount and see my electricity usage and everthing else works fine but im now unable to buy any gas packages.

7 comments

posted by  Eilidh | 4 months ago
Re: Power Up App stopped showing what Gas left

Hi @staylor3uk thank you for highlighting this.  Can you confirm what smart phone you are using to access your app?

Im using an iPhone8 with iOS version 11.2.5

posted by Davc | 4 months ago

I have had similar when one contract expires and it does not automatically move on to the next contract. Did your gas problem coincide with a contract running out? If so it seems a fairly common problem usually sorted aout by waiting 5 days and putting in a new reading. But maybe your account will need attention from SP's end as well.

Hi Davc, Thanks for your advice. I had around 8 days of gas left before I entered my readings and had used just two units more then anticipated from the reading they were showing, so should of had at least six days of gas left, was entering readings so then I could buy another package. Now I don't know when my current gas package will expire and cannot buy another one, hopefully someone from Powerup will contact me as I have emailed Customer Service. (The electricity part of the app seems to be fine however I still have 142 days left on that one!)
Highlighted

Top answer

posted by  Gordon | 4 months ago

Hi @staylor3uk, there is an automatic check that is performed whenever you enter a meter reading to identify if the read entered is sensible. If the automated check thinks that the reading is outside a certain range of what is predicted then the meter reading is sent for a manual review by a customer service agent. It sounds like this is what has happened in your case, what I would recommend is waiting 3-5 working days for the manual check to be performed and you should be able to see your gas balance again.

With PowerUp the Gas and Electricity contracts are separated which explains why the electric balance is fine but the gas balance is not showing. 

Hi Gordon, Thank you for your comments. The reading I entered for my gas was just 2 units over what was forecast so its nothing over the top, however I have had a response from CS who I emailed also and they advised me to log out the app, delete and reinstall it and log back in, I did this and nothing has changed from before I can do everything on the app except see the gas balance and buy another package, so I will wait 4 working days as you suggest and see if anything changes, thanks again I will update you!

Just an update to all interested, I waited 4 working days then re submitted my meter readings again and to my amazement the Gas useage screen and the ability to buy another Gas package reappeared.  So Gordon it looks as if you knew the answer to this one, thanks again as nobody from CS has contacted me to date.