Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power Up with scottish power

posted by Katherine | A year ago
The power up change from duel fuel is still going through 22 days after I moved the account over. Many emails and calls later and a complaint. The complaint tracker doesn't work, when I follow the link it takes me back to first page after I sign in online. Call backs take me to the wrong department and my assigned manager calls my mobile but doesn't try the land line even though I have explained to other operators that the mobile signal doesn't work in my house! All my emails explain this... you have all the relevant details..
14 comments

posted by  Eilidh | A year ago
Re: Power Up with scottish power
Hi @Katherine, I'm really sorry to hear this. I may be able to help with the issue you are experiencing with PowerUp. Can I ask if you have downloaded the powerup app to an apple or android mobile device?
Highlighted

posted by  Rebekah | A year ago

Hi @Katherine sorry to hear you're having problems with PowerUp. I was wondering if you'd be interested in testing out some enhancements to the app? We've recently made some updates and fixes, which should hopefully sort out the issue you have been having. If you can let me know if you have an Android or iOS phone I can send you an updated version of the app if you'd be interesting in trying it out? Smiley Happy

Hello

I am prepared to try whatever is necessary but it is frustrating  when the handler of the complaint fails to reach me when they have all the available means to contact me. 

What do you propose regarding the app?

Thanks kate

I have an android phone HTC 1

posted by  Rebekah | A year ago

Thanks @Katherine that's great! The issue you were having is one that we identified recently and have fixed, however in order to fix this we need to roll out a new updated version of the app. This will be available to all customers within the next week, however what I can do is email this version of the app to you earlier than this to see if it fixes your issue.  Would you be interested in that? If so, let me know and I will email a link for you to download the new version of the app. 

posted by Davc | A year ago
I am a PowerUp user on an Apple device, I have not had the problems thatr Katherine had but I agree that the software is not perfect and lets down the smooth oiperation of the scheme. I have also had experience of different people handling complaints without reviewing previous discussions and emails, everyone seems to start from the beginning so it is a bit frustrating.
I have left some other comments under 'A New Day for Energy'

posted by Johnr | A year ago

I have had exactly the same experience as Catherine and I use Apple.  There is no continuity when one calls to have the situation rectified.  The website goes around in a circle and nothing improves.  I have NEVER felt so frustrated by an organization in my life.   Power Up is totally ring-fencing from the public the people who have any serious knowledge from  so there is no resolution to the problem even after three weeks of effort to get this ridiculous situation sorted.  I have been registered with Power Up all that time but to date no further forward in choosing a package.  When I get to the package page on the website it tells me their data  is not available but will be sorted n 3 to 5 days!!!  Three weeks later and no progress despite numerous emails and many phone calls to the ring fence.  Unbelievable!

posted by Davc | A year ago

Hi Johnr, maybe I can help? Check you have the latest iOS on your Apple device (11.2.1), download the PowerUp app from the AppStore. Sign into it with your account email and password, follow the steps to register a credit card and you should get to the PowerUp main screen. Then enter your meter readings, after that you can do nothing more for 5 days, so wait. Then the App should have reacted to the meter readings and given you the options for purchasing packages. Sorry if you have done all this but I was not sure what stage you are stuck on. (I had the problem that my account sign-in for the SP web page did not work for PowerUp and I had to ring up and talk to a guy in Warrington about registering a password which was long enough to satisfy the PowerUp requirements.)

I was interested to see you said you get to their website and are told to wait, I suppose you mean the App page? The SP website does not allow any PowerUp work. It is also recommended by SP to uninstall the app and reinstall it before putting in new readings, again though you have to wait 5 days for the readings to take effect.

My experiences have been difficulties setting up the app, and purchasing a new contract when one has expired, apart from that it seems to work alright and gives lots of data about consumption history and forecast. My main reason for sticking with it is that it saves money if you buy 6 month contracts.

Feel free to reply and give more details about which stage of the process is letting you down.

posted by Johnr | A year ago

Thank you.  Your comments are appreciated.  I do have the most up to date iOS and I have reinstalled the app five times.  I have registered in the app and no problem with password but when it comes to the option to buy packages that is where it falters and puts up the same message.  “They are working on the data so will be remedied in 3-5 days.  Well watch this space.  It is now 24 days since I registered!!!