Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerUp Availability

posted by Davc | A year ago

PowerUp has been removed from the Scottish Power website, so no new customers are accepted for now. This link promises a return

https://www.scottishpower.co.uk/powerup   "PowerUp is currently not available
Don't worry, we'll be back soon"

I expect existing customers to be able to continue as normal. Please report here if you have difficulty updating readings or buying new packages.

This is hopefully a sign that the well known computer problems are being addressed and we can continue with a more reliable service.  SP should have been more reactive in keeping PowerUp customers informed and reassured.

8 comments

posted by Davc | A year ago
Re: PowerUp Availability

Today I successfully updated meter readings for PowerUp, so the system is still working, but not taking new customers.

posted by Sha44 | A year ago

Hi, I've had no problem adding 6 months gas and electricity on my app. Took payment fine.

posted by lizzielou | 6 months ago

Was informed by email today 7/3/2019 that my new account for gas/electric had been set up and we were going to pay quarterly. Rang Scottish Power, first agent hung up on me after she said she would look into our Powerup account. Second agent was more helpful, said he would reinstate our Powerup account but came back within a minute to tell me that Powerup is now CLOSED. No prior notification, NOTHING!! Absolutely disgraceful. I am assured we will get our credit returned eventually and the agent has promised to ring me on Saturday to discuss a new tariff. Watch this space...not a happy customer.....

posted by Davc | 6 months ago

Hi  I am a PowerUp customer, it has been closed to new accounts for some time but as far as I know it is running for existing accounts. Why did you create a new account? 

posted by lizzielou | 6 months ago

Hi Dave, actually we'd had an power up account for a couple of years or so and Scottish Power closed it without notice, transferring us to a quarterly payment account. I have been promised a call back 9am this morning to discuss tariffs. No closing statements of account available online and no idea what's happened to outstanding credit we had in power up.

posted by Terflow | 4 months ago
Tried & tried to top up accounts over last few days but just get cut off when clicking pay button, help please.

posted by Davc | 4 months ago

I cannot buy a package for another week so I cannot check, but several people on conventional deals are having problems with online payments and there seems to be a general problem. Don’t worry Poweup will continue until 30/11/20 so there is plenty of time to top up. 

posted by Davc | 4 months ago

Hello @Terflow,  I tried to top up today but the app crashes when you submit the payment. Also the electricity unit cost has gone up 8.5% and is now fixed until Nov 2020 when powerup is going to finish.  I will report this crash, did you report it?