Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerUp Unable to retrieve package

posted by Davc | 4 months ago

Updating readings this morning, the gas update seemed to work, but the electricity did not update, The usage histograms have updated but the electricity says Unable to retrieve package. I tried to update again but it was blocked. As a regular contributor to this forum I hope this will resolve itself overnight or in a few days. Maybe it is one of those cases where an unexpected reading has to be manually checked? Sadly this is more evidence of PowerUp not working smoothly. I have been a PowerUp customer since April 2017 and these glitches seem to come along every few months. My contracts have about two months to run so it is not an 'End of Contract' issue. I will cross my fingers and hope for a quick resolution.

8 comments

Re: PowerUp Unable to retrieve package
One day later and the PowerUp App is now behaving correctly. The error messages are not helpful, one does not know if it is a 24 hour blip or a major catastrophe. My electricity reading was lower than expected, and the gas higher due to the cold weather. The gas reading was accepted, so maybe the checking only looks at potential under-recording.

Two weeks later and time for another reading. Electricity fine but this time gas says 'Unable to retrieve package'. Like last time the usage histograms have updated and I expect it will all be good tomorrow, but why these error messages? If it is caused by the manual checking, it is odd because the gas reading was higher than forecast.

Curiouser and curiouser as Alice said, the readings got to SP and they issued statements for gas and electricity, but the gas is still showing as unavailable on the App. I will wait a few days and ask for help if it does not put itself right. I have plenty of pre-payment left on both gas and electricity.  I hope someone like Eildh is reading these threads.

Day 4 and the App still says 'Unable to retrieve gas package' I am starting to think this is a real problem. If someone at SP needs to manually clear the account I wish they would get on with it.

posted by Davc | 3 months ago

Day 8 . The App is now working correctly. I was advised to enter new readings and then re-install the App and this apparently forces a restart.  But Why?  It should be easier to use than this.  My next job in two weeks time is to buy next winters 6 months supply of gas which will be expensive, but it needs to be done and at least I can forget about it for a while.  My gas consumption in the last two weeks has been the highest since 2010 at over 115 kwh/day, but the weather is looking back to normal now and March as a whole should not be exceptional.

Day9. Logging in to the PowerUp app today it has reverted to Unable to show your gas balance. Odd and annoying because this was working yesterday after 8 days of being faulty. I have reported it to the complaints team but it is not really acceptable if I have to go through the meter reading input and reinstalling the app every time I want to see the gas balance or buy a new package. 

Highlighted

Day15, the Powerup App is now working correctly, no message from SP, it just now shows the correct gas balance. I am able to buy a new package in a few days so I am really hoping that it stays working well and that I will be able to buy a new package. That would then last me until September so I can relax for a bit and maybe all these software glitches will get ironed out.

I'm happy to report the App is still working and I successfully bought a new 6 month gas package. I hope it stays this way.