Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerUp app does not accept payments

posted by Davc | 3 months ago

Heaven help us all now, stuck in a loop with customer services messages, I explain the app has a fault and they tell me how to use the app, it is very frustrating when they do not read the message you send and reply with a stock answer.  No, deleting and reinstalling does not work, and yes I do have an active purchase opportunity.  So, does the IT department know about this and has no time to solve it, or has the IT department not even been informed yet?  There seem to be some heavy IT issues concerning payments that have been reported in the Community regarding PowerUp and conventional accounts.  It would be nice to speak to an expert rather than  a newbie customer service person working from a prompt sheet.

Powerup is ending on 30/11/20 so I suppose it has a low priority but if the payment problem is not mended I will have to close my account in November 2019.

Anyone else experiencing this?

10 comments

posted by mab | 3 months ago
Re: PowerUp app does not accept payments
I am having the same issues, need to top up but can not. I was promised a call back today account in husbands name but he has given authority for them to speak to me. No call and when I call them they have no record of the 40 mins. Call at the week end so will not speak to me. The company is an absolute shambles !

I had a very helpful customer services rep today who sent an email to the IT department, so at least we know it has been reported even with if it takes time for IT to reissue the app.

posted by RonaO | 3 months ago
I am having exactly the same problem . Called ScottishPower and was told they would only speak to my husband despite me offering to pay over the phone . I asked if there was a known fault but the customer service person had no clue...

Had a call from customer complaints last night confirmed that PowerUp is no longer available and that is why we can’t but top ups. We should have all had a text message to inform us queried this as they do not hold my mobile number ! Offered £25 for inconvenience which I have refused as other tariffs are more expensive and have escalated my complaint

It is a computer problem with version 1.0.14 which came out in early May. PowerUp is not closing until 30/11/20. I expect the problem will get solved by issuing a new update of the app probably sometime in June or July. Please continue to report this to customer services and ask them to email the IT department who may react faster if more people have complained. 

posted by ClareG | 3 months ago

Same problem with inability to buy six-month package.

At least I got to speak to someone and I got a reply to my email (a first)! Was told lots of people with this problem. So, why not sort it out?

Was not aware it's closing next year. Good riddance, perhaps?

Hi Claire, thanks for confirming the payment problem, the more who complain the faster it will be fixed. The scheme is closing 30/11/20 we all had an email about it a few months ago.  You can continue without buying a package until the system is fixed.

i think it is a pity they are closing PowerUp it has saved me a lot of money in recent  years. 

posted by ClareG | 3 months ago

I did not get email re. closure.

It's a shame in a way because it's a great idea — just the IT sucks!

I'll try to stick with it to the end. So many frustrations, though.

Hi Davec can you post copy of email on line as I am still getting no where and being told that we can not purchase new PowerUp and that we have to move or choose new tariff I never received email and was told that they sent me a text ? Thanks