Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerUp app down

posted by Nathanlest | 4 months ago

PowerUp app is down for almost a month now. I believe that’s is intentional, since they are not accepting new customers it’s a smart way to kick everyone out and closing down PowerUp completely. I’ve been trying a solve the problem with customer service who doesn’t know a clue. All they do is apologise. With customers unable to access the app, renew tariffs, etc it will force us to choose other options. VERY SMART MOVE FROM SCOTTISHPOWER!!!!!! Be very careful now since you won’t be able to track spending/ usage. 

7 comments

posted by Davc | 4 months ago
Re: PowerUp app down

@Nathanlest   You need the latest version of the App 1.0.15 which was released about two weeks ago.  It is all still working until 30/11/2020. 

Highlighted

Top answer

There’s no update to be made on my apps... I have deleted and reinstalled the app 4 tInês now 🤔🤔🤔 Still not working. Contacted Scottish a few times receiving discente info. Quite strange to be honest. Still believe there’s something going on.

Try to reinstall the operating system, iOS or Android. Then reinstall powerup. It really is still working. Dave

I’ve got 4 different phones (my partners and mine) plus an iPad. Do you really expect me to reinstall all 4 systems? The app IS NOT working and as far as 3 emails from ScottishPower they also confirmed this... someone must be lying of us three. Who that will be?

I’ve got 4 different phones (my partners and mine) plus an iPad. Do you really expect me to reinstall all 4 systems? The app Isn’t working and as far as 3 emails from ScottishPower they also confirmed this... someone must be lying of us three. Who that will be?

@Nathanlest   Hi, I dont think anyone is lying, I can assure you that my PowerUp on iPhone did not work in May but worked after 1.0.15 was released in June. The fault was the app crashing when a payment was attempted, the other features were OK.  I would recommend you alway update your firmware even if it is a pain, I always try and keep on top of my iPads and iPhones of which there are 4 in the house. As far as I know there is no deliberate attempt to kill PoweUp before it goes in November 2020, I have been using it since 2017.

PS I should have said that the version of iOS I am using and which works with PowerUp is 12.3.1