Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by Tracey1 | 5 months ago
Re: Are Scottish Power the hardest Company ever to try and get to speak to?
I had a similar experience to this, it took them several cancelled appointments and several months to come out and do the initial check and in the meantime my boiler did break and I had to pay someone to come out and fix it as they refused to cover the cost and was going to charge me a fortune to do something that a local gas safety plumber with charge less than half the price for. I will not be using this cover again, or would I recommend this service

posted by hydrolastic | 5 months ago
When they are good, and occasionally they can be, but when they are bad, they are truly dreadful. Up to yesterday, things were going well enough for me until I entered my monthly meter readings. The Gas past month reading was shown with the date I submitted in Dec, but all trace of the last month electricity had disappeared. I then looked at my bills, found three bills generated on 24th Dec, all for different amounts, all meter readings on different days, one bill says I have to give them meter readings - I do this monthly, one said no action and other one that aid no action generated on the December date I gave the readings was relating to my smart meter. Only one issue, we don't have smart meter, but try telling them that. I got a call back with a helpful adviser but trying telling them that you don't have a Smart Meter when they reckon you have !!! The other rather intriguing issue was that the bills referred to are for Gas, we are dual fuel, the bills also showed a cancellation charge. From Dec 18 to Jan 19 we had also gone in credit from a couple of hundred pounds to over £1300. Also all the electricity readings they had (via the adviser) were incompatible with the monthly readings I give, so I have emailed the contact us inbox to see IF they can sort this out. It seems from December 2018 to yesterday someone on their side has totally screwed up my account and I wait with baited breath to see what happens next.......going elsewhere is obviously the next step but that fills me with greater horror as to how they would handle it. the hoot is that the acknowledgement email form them says ......'There are a number of quicker and easier ways to get in touch - online, chat or phone.' Really ??? Thank goodness I have still savvy enough to take on this sort of challenge but why on earth should the customer have to do all this ?

Credit where credit is due, less than 24 hrs later I have a reply and an assurance it will be sorted.

posted by Enojada | 5 months ago
I agree with comments, I have been a customer with Scottish Power since 2005, but I will be leaving in April when my contract finishes!!
Highlighted

posted by Linzie | 5 months ago
I agree! Closed my account in September and still waiting for a £150 credit refund! Sick of phoning and being on hold for hours. Request a call bak and have the same conversation monthly that they will send it! It's a joke

posted by mandrick1 | 5 months ago

I,ve got a mail saying ‘time to enter your readings’... so go to enter online... click the link and what do you get ‘a blank page.’   Great...so I see your message about call centre but I see it says online there is an automated reading call number and so i’m not worried and I call but still I get told the call centre is busy and it hangs up.  That’s just rubbish on all levels ...all levels of tech seem to be below par.

Having read their reply, both my wife and I who deal with people all day long, have now escalated to a complaint - admittedly though no ack yet, what they are attempting to communicate is complete gobbledygook. They want me to send them photos of my meters because one of the bills has been generated on a Smart Meter,a Smart Meter I don't have !!!! This is all down to the incompetence of however fitted a new electricity (external) meter here early last year and why the heck should I have to send them a photo of my gas meter that has not changed ? An invite to come round and crawl all over the house to find the Smart Meter has been ignored, what a surprise. That they still write to me at my old address - 2 years at present admittedly with the correct supply address is something else. All was actually going quite well on our account until sometime after 5th Dec 18 when somebody their end decided to screw things up totally for us. At that date I could enter both gas and electricity readings and they both showed the previous figures as opposed to yesterday where it is just gas with the right past meter reading date and now electricity no past date. Other than a nice warm feeling about 'cumbersome service' do you think anyone form SP ever reads these posts and even cares less ? I wonder how many staff at SP who are SP customers have to put up with this madness. I will keep you posted but don't hold your breath !