Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by Ernie_C | 9 months ago
Re: So it's basically impossible to move to Powerup

I can give an update as I was phoned by Eilidh yesterday to confirm that I was happy that they use my situation to investigate further.

In summary, there does appear to be an issue in the ‘back end’ system which presumeably closes the old account , opens the PowerUp account and emails to say it’s been done.

I have now received the additional credit from my old account today.

As you will see from an email I attach below, Eilidh suggests that my situation will hopefully be resolved by Monday.

I am now more confident that the correct resource is being applied to this situation.

Regards, Ernie.

Here is the email I received:

Hi @Ernie_C, apologies, I didn't get a chance to ring you today to provide you with the update I advised that I would. We can see your attempts to go through the joining process of power up on a number of occasions however, there is a disconnect between this feeding through into our back end system. There is going to be dedicated resource on this and I believe the issue will be fully resolved by Monday. I will be back in contact with you by phone then to let you know the outcome.

posted by steveking1000 | 9 months ago

Thanks Ernie_C

We should start getting paid by SP as their communications representitives, I reckon they need some!

We most likely have the same problem, interesting that you got an email and I've got nothing. Nada. Zilch from them. Just out of interest, I think I have "invested" about 30 hours of my life so far trying to sign up for this tariff. Incredible.

I've had to reset my password to log back in, and have tried again just now (5th time) to signup for PU but the same result, I get as far as settling up my bill (i.e. 2 days since i last tried) and then nothing. Grrrr!

posted by Davc | 9 months ago

Hi, More evidence sadly of PowerUp being spoiled by poor IT. At least Eilidh is very attentive and gets things done. Judging by the number of similar complaints it is pretty clear that SP need to take a fresh look at the whole PowerUp IT system, it is barely suitable for purpose.

Steve, I would desist at the moment from any further attempts to apply for PowerUp.

I only got an email update as Eilidh had previously phoned me and promised an update.

I appreciate this is frustrating for us all but we’ll see how it progresses over the weekend.

As someone who worked in IT for 25 years before retiring 15 years ago, I can feel the pressure the IT people will be under to get this fixed.

posted by Burnside | 9 months ago
Agree: same problem here. I tried signing up at the beginning of January, and went through the process several times (phone calls, meter readings, payments, app download, etc.), and no luck.

posted by steveking1000 | 9 months ago

so based on Ernie_C's advise I've waiting until Monday and then Tuesday and now Wednesday.... 

Has anyone who was suffering this problem had any joy or communication from SP? I've not and the old tarrif ends today.

Steve, the last discussion I had with Eilidh was Monday. I didn’t receive an update yesterday. I have messaged Eilidh today and await a response.

posted by Ernie_C | 8 months ago

I can confirm that I have now accessed PowerUp and have bought my six months worth of energy.

Eilidh, many thanks for all your support.

Highlighted

posted by steveking1000 | 8 months ago

Hello Eilidh,

I can also confirm that I'm showing as a powerup customer and I think I'll be able to purchase from Monday. Can I echo, Eilidh, many thanks for all your support.

Steve

posted by Skakagrall | 7 months ago
Hi, Has anybody seen any progress in the last month? I applied — and was accepted for PowerUp — on 6 Feb. I've just repeated it today after being put on two different tariffs and giving four sets of meter readings. I've also made at least 6 telephone calls. So far no success at all.