Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by Clydie | 6 months ago
Re: So it's basically impossible to move to Powerup
I've had the same experience and am truly shocked that Scottish Power wishes to be associated with such chaos. I'm extremely disappointed.

posted by Clydie | 6 months ago
The relevant IT systems are clearly unfit for purpose and I think you're very wise to re-assess your confidence in them.

posted by Davc | 6 months ago

I do sympathise about PowerUp, I went through the pain of signing up, and the ongoing niggles when the App would not allow a purchase, but on the whole I am pleased with it and it has saved me money. The commercial idea is good and I am told the Apps are working, but the system has been set up separately to SP's normal metering and billing system and it is the interface which causes the problem. I agree that it should not be promoted in its current state and it does SP no credit at all. A dedicated help line team would be great because the normal help line team do not seem to be briefed on PowerUp problems.

When they get the interface sorted out SP need to address other details. My PowerUp bills say it would be cheaper to buy a contract because I am on PowerUp variable, but I have always bought 6 month contracts. The bills also suggest I should switch to a fix Aug 17 to save money, this in Apr 18 when the Aug 17 deal has long expired. It also tells me on my gas bill the cost of running a dishwasher and laptop, come on, these are not gas appliances.  These do not affect me financially but it gives a poor image for the process. Finally the price increase announced this month gives options for payment by Direct Debit or Quarterly Cash - neither apply to PowerUp which uses prepayment by credit and debit card.

Highlighted

posted by steveking1000 | 6 months ago

I concur with Davc, the signup isn't great, and the app is a bit rough around the edges, but the commercial proposition suits me really well and it's definately saved me money on my electricity.

If you can, I'd advise stick with it. I've not had to replenish yet but my initial 6 month payment went through great and it's been fine keeping an eye on things.

Steve