Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

power up app not connecting

posted by timbrid | 11 months ago

Im sure this subject has been covered before, but as so many posts are really old I thought I would say it again. The power up app isnt connecting. I have re installed it.Changed my password, and used colourful language to no avail. Do I really have to wait and try again later as it is having trouble reaching the network.

Please advise, If anyone from the power up team is looking at this. I have sent an email but have had no reply.

Cheers.

8 comments

posted by Davc | 11 months ago
Re: power up app not connecting

Sorry the PowerUp app has gone funny. Mine is working correctly but there have been some odd things going on recently with all the Apps.  I think you should leave it as long as possible and hope it settles. My version is 1.0.13. 

Hi Davc, Thanks for your reply. I shall continue to try. My version is 1.1.6.  

Cheers

Tim

posted by Davc | 11 months ago
I’m on Apple IOS you must be on Android. Check you have the latest operating system and App software.

All my operating systems etc are up to date, I always make sure of this. I'm just waiting for a call back now from someone from the back office team or something. No solution yet, these things don't get better by themselves, needs a finger on a button !!!

posted by martini | A month ago

And, if my experience is anything to go by, you are still waiting.........

posted by Davc | A month ago

@martini  It was sorted out soon after our last messages 9 months ago,  PowerUp is a special prepay contract no longer available.

posted by martini | A month ago
Yes realise that as I’ve been on PowerUp since 2016. Last March time it stopped allowing me access to login to the app and no amount of reinstalling/password changing etc etc would allow access. Neither iOS or android devices made any difference. Tried to speak with PowerUp team but only ever got the normal customer services who know nothing about PowerUp, promised call backs but they never materialise. Eventually received a long letter saying PowerUp to be withdrawn but could still buy packages until Nov 2020 but no good to me as I couldn’t access the app to purchase the packages so have to accept the higher Variable rates. Gave up at this point. Scottish Power’s Customer Service is abysmal.....

posted by Davc | A month ago
@martini. Sorry to hear that, mine is still working and accepting new package payments. I will have to switch onto standard packages next year. I’m reluctant to book too far ahead in case the system goes wrong.