Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what rates am i on?

posted by Sharkey | 7 months ago

Why do Scottish Power make it so hard to see what unit rates you are on ?  I'm finding I have to look at the "Tariff Information Label Lookup" in order to look at indivitual KWH charges for Gas and Electric.  It would be easier just to have a single "Transparent" view of all KWH rates and the Daily standing charge associated so that it is easy to project the true cost of your tarrif based on your estimated consumption.  This in my opinion is an attempt to create confusion in order to profit from those who dont have the patience to seek out the best deal.

7 comments

posted by Davc | 7 months ago
Re: what rates am i on?

I sympathise with your view, but it seems that SP offer too many tariffs/regions and cannot put it all in one summary file. The look-up facility is hard to use, and gives all values including 5% VAT although our bills are shown without VAT which is added on at the bottom of the calculation. Easiest way to check your data is to look on your bill.  

posted by Mideastbob | 3 months ago
I totally agree, there seems to be a conspiracy between energy companies to hide there basic tarrifs behind squirrelly algorithms that estimate your bill. As you say it seems to me these tarrifs are then tweaked to maximise their profits. My opinion is that as your kWhr tarrif goes down your standing charge goes up etc, in the end you pay more.

What do you do when you don't have a bill? You need to find your tarrif simply not wade through a barrage of confusing web pages.

It is a simple question and needs a simple answer. Why does my account page not show what tarrif I am on? why does it direct me to another webpage?

It is basic information.

posted by Davc | 3 months ago

Hi Mideast bob, everyone has a bill, you find it in your online internet account, not the App. The bill is a pdf file and it tells the tariff name, the p/kWh and daily standing charge, as well as your annual kWh consumption and your meter readings, whether actual or estimated.  If you have never found the bill you really should look for it. 

posted by whiteowl | 3 months ago

If you go into your online account overview , click on bills and payments it will take you to a page with a  graph.Underneath it is a summary of your bill and payments. Next to it  it says view, click on it and it will download your full bill. You will be able to see all your bills here. 

posted by Davc | 3 months ago

It is difficult to find p/kwh rates since SP stopped their summary tables. There are now so many tariffs and regional variations and meter types (single and multi) that you find p/kwh rates in 

Tariff Information Label lookup

Fill in the fileds and you will be given a range of tariffs to look up details.  It is annoyingly slow but is now the best way of checking these rates.

Hi Davc, Sadly or Happily, I have not yet received a bill yet so I don't have any graphs, or tables on my internet account, and I don't have any of that information. All I could see was 'Basic online tarrif'. When I tried to find out what that mean I was faced with another question box asking for postcodes, meter types, fuel types.
So I feel that Sharkey is correct, it appears that their are so many tariffs that it is very hard to find out (unless you have already been billed) what the tariff is. Imagine going into a Restaurant and not knowing the prices. But the waiter says don't worry it will be clearly displayed on your bill. And we have estimated your meals will cost £600/yr.