Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App does not let me see Smart Meter readings anymore

posted by PeterW | 6 months ago

Last month, my latest bill requested me to submit readings manually, even though at that time the App was showing readings, though always days later than current readings. I did this by phone. New bill was created and my DD amount increased. This morning sent email to say DD is decreasing.  Tried to check usage via app and the option to view Smart readings has just disappeared. Also, there  does not appear to be any option to request setting to be able to view Smart Meter Readings on the App.  Can  SP respond?

18 comments
Highlighted

posted by adnan | 6 months ago
Re: App does not let me see Smart Meter readings anymore

I am having same issue, no longer able to view Smart Meter usage from the app or website

posted by langeian | 5 months ago

I have exactly the same issue and have had it more about 2 months, I contacted support who said the issue would be fixed by 19th May but it isn't so I am back to square 1

posted by Burnsie87 | 5 months ago
It’s happened to me too. The meter reading page is greyed out so I can’t submit a reading nor does it display the current reading. Have been asked to send a screenshot & also delete & reinstate app but no luck Smiley Sad

posted by PeterW | 4 months ago
SP told me issue would be resolved by May 19th - but no progress here. I’m switching suppliers this week, but will that mean I always have a Smart meter that does not work? In the end it is the customer who is paying for the introduction of Smart meters across the country and yet it seems that SP’s are substandard.

posted by dave53 | 4 months ago

same for me, readings no longer being collected from the previously working smart meter

posted by dicka0855 | 4 months ago

my smsrt meter dosentgive me readings anymore because EDF put new smart meter in 

posted by Davc | 4 months ago

Hi, it is not your meter that has stopped it is your IHD. If EDF are your supplier now you should ask them for a new IHD. It is not surprising that your Scottish Power IHD does not work with your Electricity de France smart meter.

posted by Bruno | 4 months ago

I have just found that I have the same problem, app not showing readings yet it was 2 weeks ago, call SP this morning and they asked for the meter readings and said the app should start working again soon, the new bill was as much for 8 days as it was for the previous month

posted by BarrieB | 4 months ago

My smart meter readings were visable at my old address perfectly and updated within a couple of days...

When I moved there wasn't a smart meter at my new address, but SP installed one over a month ago Smiley Happy

Since then I always get an error message when looking online at "My energy usage". I rang SP a couple of weeks ago and the guy confirmed they are receiving the Smart meter readings OK.

He updated my account, creating a new bill and changing the DD but said they were having "some technical problems" so the smart readings were not visible to me. I tried downloading the Android App, but as others have said, there isn't anything visible on there either...

Come on SP - The whole idea of smart meters is so WE can view what the usage in and monitor our usage on a daily basis. It worked perfectly before I moved, why can't you sort it out???