Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by Freejon | A year ago
Re: App does not let me see Smart Meter readings anymore

I notice that very often when I pass the meter (which is in the garage) there is a noise like a phone ringing that never seems to get answered.  It seems as if there is a problem within the meter.  I am very glad it isn't in the house, because I would have taken a hammer to it.

posted by Scottie | A year ago

I  changed tarriff with SP. a month ago. The smart meter is still using the OLD tarriff rates and these are displayed on the portable screen so I do not have  accurate consumption figures. I phoned SP about this but the support representative had no idea what I was talking about and had to refer to a colleague twice during our conversation. He eventually decided the best thing was to open a complaint about it and when he was checking my details informed me that the last date my readings had been automatically collected from the meter was a month ago. The system had been working perfectly for over a year.

I will update this forum when I hear more.

UPDATE

I have just tried to send my meter readings by web. I notice the smart meter has sent new readings a couple of days ago. So this is positive news. It means my system is working properly BUT the portable information screen is still showing the old tarriff rates. It give accurate daily usage in KWHrs for electricity and gas but shows the £ value according to the old tarriff. I still await a reply from SP re the complaint raised. I will update when I know more.

posted by Bruno | A year ago
Called SP again about the app, the appropriate team are working on it to resolve the issue, this has been going on since a May, I did tell them that my 5 year old a Grandson is on school holiday if they need help fixing the app

posted by Gixer | A year ago
It's a complete farce. I had a smart meter installed end of last year. The installer didn't leave an IHD as said signal was poor. He said I could do everything on the phone app anyway such as real-time usage!? Turned out the liar didn't actually have any IHD to hand out. So I complained and SP said I had to contact the third party. They also offered £20 compensation which I never received! Eventually had an IHD and expected life was good and this part was now automated. Seems the dumb meter only worked for 2 months. Checked the app other month and no readings sent in 5 months!!! They were estimated readings. So now I'm in debit... I've tried changing to submit monthly, daily, rebooting the IHD.

My friend Rahul at SP Chennai said the phone app not updating with power usage is a known issue. Great why isn't it fixed yet?

He also said my meter sent a reading. I think he has seen the one I submitted myself.

What a shambles??? Wish I hadn't bothered.

posted by langeian | A year ago

Still a complete disaster. They have updated the app for the ipad at least and it does now recognise that I have a smart account but it still doesn't access the meter and let me see usage. A complete waste of effort getting it installed. I was also told that I wouldn't get an IHD as I had downloaded the app.

SP tell me the meter is sending them readings which feels like an invasion of privacy now that they are accessing data from my home that they will not make available to me. Might be time to speak to a lawyer.

posted by Smartmeterjoke | A year ago

I have contacted Scottish power so many times. Smart meter doesn’t work unless it’s next to the meter in the garage. The app no longer works  although SP are in denial about this.  Very frustrated and even more so in the fact they are installing not fit for purpose smart meters which are of no benefit  to the customer. They may say installation is free but everyone is paying for the Smart meter roll out through our bills. There seems to  be nothing customers can do to however many times you contact them they give you a generic reply 

Highlighted

FINAL UPDATE  (by Scottie)

I am pleased to report that SP have resolved the issue of my smart meter being set to the old tariff rates. (see previous posts). My meter has been updated remotely and all functions are working perfectly now. 

posted by Davc | A year ago

Wow scottie, good to hear that the system does work.

posted by 1holmstead | 10 months ago
When the meter was installed the engineer explained to me that I would be able to read all the information l needed on my smart phone this I have tried without success can you help me