Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App not showing usage from Smart Meter

posted by ringostarr69 | A year ago
Since having smart meters fitted nearly 3 weeks ago my smart phone app and online account are not showing any usage from either meter. I Have sent emails asking why this is but can’t get a sensible answer as to why this has happened.
7 comments

posted by Davc | A year ago
Re: App not showing usage from Smart Meter

You have to give it time to transmit and react. Set your updates to 'daily' in your account details. Good luck.

posted by Hooloovoo | A year ago
Unfortunately the usage display that they are "working hard to fix" has been broken for everyone for months now.

posted by UnimpressedJo | 2 weeks ago

Has this been fixed yet, as mine doesn't work? 

posted by Davc | 2 weeks ago

@UnimpressedJo   Hi, a lot of people are complaining about the app, it needs to be reissued soon. The app is only as up to date as your account, so if your smart meters are not transmitting the app will show no recent data. It is worth checking that SP are actually getting readings and your bills are not marked Estimated.

posted by UnimpressedJo | 2 weeks ago
@Davc Thanks, that was my thinking too - they were only fitted a month ago. My next issue is getting hold of anyone to check! The 'Chat' function on the phone app is not responsive! Smiley Sad

posted by NavUK | A week ago

In June my Smart Meter where installed. Since July the Live Usuage Monitoring does not show display anymore. Reboot, unplug etc done it all.  In August called to be told that they are fixing it & remotely the device will get fixed. Today is 7th Oct 2019 &  still the Live Usuage is not working  .... not so smart? From eBay for £20 I got another monitoring device which works.

The device on the left is the ScottishPower device as you can see if I press the Now button nothing happens; therefore I do not know what the live usuage is. 

Highlighted

posted by Davc | A week ago

@NavUK   Yes it is a common situation, maybe something to do with upgrading every meter remotely.  The simple monitors are good and tell you everything you need, the smart Displays try to give too much historical information and the costs are nearly always wrong.  For most purposes it is Use Now that is important, I have one of those meters. The background use is between 200 and 500 watts, and you can clearly see when it jumps to kilowatts when the washing machine or kettle is on.