Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by RUBEN1964 | 3 months ago
Re: Bombardment / harrassment from cold calls - smart meter fitting
Sorry we are ordinary members of the public nothing to do with Scottish Power on these forums I’m afraid. You will need to deal with them directly through official channels. I advise you to complain on all channels you can think of - Facebook/messenger / Twitter / complaints route etc

posted by Penny_M | 3 months ago

I am glad it is not just me. I ran a google search to see if it was a scam as gave my email, address and DOB. I have been after a smart meter but when Scottish Power came around to fit it it was a first generation meter so I said not to install it becuase I would wait for a second gen one. Since then I am getting  up to 5 calls a day, and they are even hiding the number now. Today I thought I would go ahead and arrange a visit, only to be told they are not now rolling these out in my area! This is the second time they have said that, last time I left it that I would call them. That is it for me...I am off to change suppliers Smiley Happy

posted by paulus | 3 months ago

I still get calls about smart meters , left scottish power months ago ,  at least the cold callers are polite and hopefully this time my details removed .

calls every day are intrusive and waking me up from much needed sleep .

posted by GreyBeard | 2 months ago

*** Attention of Mark Bowen, UK Marketing Director ***

I have just taken yet another call from Scottish Power (0800 156 0131) asking to me to make an appointment for the installation of my Smart Meter.  

To be clear, I have made no such arrangement and to receive a call on the assumption that I had agreed to have a smart meter came as a bit of a surprise!

I am absolutely appalled by this approach.  If my 81 year old Mother had taken the call the electricity company would be turning up on her doorstep. 

This is not ethical marketing and I am sending this message  in the hope that this company will stop making further calls of this nature as no doubt many unsuspecting customers of theirs will be tricked into having these meters installed and paying the associated ongoing costs.

I will be shifting my supply away from Scottish Power at the next opportunity. 

posted by Emmaartis | 2 months ago

I left Scottish Power 2 months ago and constantly get cold calls for smart meter fittings, which by the way we werent elegible for. 

I have blocked their number but that doesnt stop them from leaving mutliple voicemails. Now it is almost imposiible to get them to stop calling. 

Awful service and won't be going back to them.

Highlighted

posted by Jonnel | 2 months ago
@Emmaartis First thing to do is report them to the ICO. If it's not illegal it's definitely unethical for them to be calling someone who isn't even a customer. Second thing to do is send them a 'Right to be Forgotten' or a 'Right of Erasure' notice. Details are on the ICO website. They have to erase details they hold about you under data protection law and if they don't.... if they still call you after that, you can report them to the ICO and get them fined millions. See British Airways ?

When they next call you up, ask for the persons name - not the firm, the actual person who's calling you and tell THEM, they're being named in your action.

Then, DO IT.

posted by Splodgy | 2 months ago

I am having the same problem.  I contacted Scottish Power by email, by web chat and even raised a "Resolver" issue for which they replied saying I would not be contacted again.  I am still receiving calls.

posted by trustyt | A week ago

I'm the same and it's totally not acceptable. So far I've had 15 calls with messages left every time, yet I've told them at the beginning I DO NOT WANT one. They are a terrible outfit as regards this and really wish they would stop. What can I do they are destroying my life.