Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused

posted by wilmot | A year ago

Hi I am a bit confused. I had smart meters fitted for gas / electric last week.

When i log in to my Scottish Power account it still asks me to enter my meter readings.

I thought this was now automatic that there is a smart meter?! Also as the 'normal' display from my pre smart meter era is not on the smart meters i can't give a reading anyway.

Have i misunderstood something obvious here?

5 comments

posted by SN | A year ago
Re: Confused

I'm having same problem. Had smart meter fitted on 17th January and purposely hadn't sent in meter readings but found today on my account that I needed to send them!!! Why? 

posted by Delboy | A year ago

Don't expect a reply anytime soon off them.  Our account hasn't been updated for nearly 3 months and we keep being asked for meter readings. We have no idea if we owe money and if so how much, the old way was far better when you provided the readings and the payments were adjusted asap. We've been SP customers for years and years and will now be moving supplier, as the present deal ends in August and we are fed up of the lack of communication from them. They must know there is something wrong but don't seem bothered.

Highlighted

posted by Wotto | A year ago

Same here and I'm on the verge of complaint to Ofgen.

posted by jamkea | A year ago

I agree with all the comments, nothing but problems since having my smart meter, they have estimated my bill and it is so much higher than normal, each time I ring them I get a different answer and am told it is correct.  I wish I had known about all these problems before it was fitted, I can't even send a reading from my gas meter as the display has been blank since it was fitted and the smart meter seems to have a mind of its own!

posted by Davc | A year ago

Hi, You can get a reading either from your IHD or from the meter itself. IHD instructions on line tell you which button to press to get a meter reading. You can then phone this in to SP.

On the meter itself if the screen is blank it can be made to show a reading by pressing buttons, but you need to note what make of meter you have and Google on line for the instructions. The installer should have left it with the display activated.