Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Disabled ♿ smart meter

posted by Malc | 2 months ago
Help due to finding myself in a wheelchair I now cannot access my meters to read them the chat room for some reason are having a problem with providing a solution would smart meter be the answer?
6 comments
Highlighted

posted by Davc | 2 months ago
Re: Disabled ♿ smart meter
@Malc. Sorry to hear your situation. In theory smart meters would automatically send meter readings for you. In practice though they are frequently failing to transmit and need to be read manually. My advice would be keep your traditional meters and get a friend to read them. 4 or 5 times a year is sufficient to keep your account well maintained so it is not too much to ask. When the Covid crisis is over and smart meters start to be installed again you could go for it, maybe in a year from now. Good luck
Highlighted

posted by Malc | A month ago
Please note we had a smart fitted by E. On that seems not to be giving a reading we have tried using either A 6 or a 9 to start it going through the readings but it seems not to work indicating that something is going wrong the meter is outside in a box with the anolog gas meter is in the garage we can read this but your inputing computer system seems to require both of them to log an input.
Could you please send me any advice on how to resolve this issue.
Kindest Regards
Malc
Highlighted

posted by Davc | A month ago
@Malc. Sorry to hear your problem reading the electric meter. Make a note of the maker and model number and google search for instructions. Most meters show a reading by default. If you have a number pad press 9.
Highlighted

@Malc. Reading your post again, if 9 does not show a reading something is wrong with the meter so tell SP about it ( not this community)
Highlighted

@Malc. As a ps. If you press 9 make it one short press don’t hold the button down and don’t press it twice.
Highlighted

posted by Bobby | A month ago
On the SP web-site the meter reading entry boxes are tricky to use. As you say, you need to enter both electricity and gas before it will accept, even though my gas meter has been read remotely.

In entering the numbers, I found I had to start with zero in the left hand box, and NOT click anywhere and not press arrows or tabs, otherwise it would mess up and you have to refresh the page and start again.