Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

posted by Davc | A month ago
Re: Estimated Bills
Hopefully all you need is the latest actual readings. That should lead to full refunds.
Highlighted

posted by RIPOFF | A month ago
Sadly SP provided faulty meters which show no readings. They ignored all our written requests to repair these. Due to C-19, we have not been at home - and can prove this- yet SP have billed us with estimated gas charges which show consumption. Their electricity ones also show consumption but are presented as accurate . We are not there to consume and these charges date back months. They caused the whole problem, have protracted it and we continue to be charged unfairly.
Highlighted

posted by RIPOFF | 4 weeks ago

If like 1,000s of other SP customers who were promised the convenience of ´actual´ bill reading as part of their contract but are getting estimated ones,  I would advice against SP in the community´s advice to enter the last set of readings to  avoid ongoing overcharges.  We followed it and now both SP and the Ombudsman claim  gas the meter is now running which is not the case.   Of course SP will know because centrally they continue to  have non-readings.   Conclusion: It is in the energy giant´s interest to charge us all estimated bills.

Highlighted

posted by Davc | 4 weeks ago

@RIPOFF    Estimates are nearly always higher than actuals. It is in your own interest to read your meters and send in the readings. Its not a big job, and everyone should do it every other  month.

Highlighted

posted by RIPOFF | 4 weeks ago

With respect, Dave, we are going around in circles.  I have already informed you (thread below) that SP have systematically deprived us of having working meters.  We therefore CANNOT provide any readings at all.  Their gas meter was out of commission from point of installation on day one.  Their electricity one seems to be generating high consumption bills when we are mainly away. 

Your suggestion to enter manual reads has now caused both SP and the Ombudsman considerable confusion.  I therefore wouldn´t recommed it to others.

Highlighted

posted by Davc | 4 weeks ago

@RIPOFF   Sorry if I caused confusion, I forgot the previous details. If you visit the property what is the meter reading, I expect the ecelctric meter will show something, but the gas meter may have a flat battery which needs replacement.  Anyway I dont think I can add anything new, so Good Luck.

Highlighted

posted by RIPOFF | 3 weeks ago
Nope it was a brand new gas meter so unlikely to have a flat battery as you suggest. Never worked since installed in Dec as I mentioned and your friends at SP have refused to do anything for over half my contract - as I outlined. They clearly benefit from overcharging estimates - the number of customers caught in this trap is demonstrated by social media.
Highlighted

posted by jazzas1 | 3 weeks ago
Just to provide an update to this thread that I initiated years ago. I struggled to pay the bills sp hit me with after their estimate bills for a very long time. I challenged their bills at that point robustly but was threatened with legal action if I did not pay, as bills were correct. It was difficult to have to pay thousands of pounds. However, we got there... THEN...years later I received a letter from sp stating I had been overcharged..I received a rebate of almost £2000 which I had to request was returned. When I called to request this payment I was informed I had to supply a meter reading as I had used power since they sent the letter the previous week so they would be deducting that amount prior to paying out. I was angry and adamant at their disgraceful behaviour, they chased me for thousands of pounds I never owed, they then fail to return it until I confirm having used £10 of electricity before they would return my money. After a very robust complaint by myself, the cheque was received within one day...
Disgusting behaviour from this company... So thought I should share as an update... Beware...
Highlighted

posted by RIPOFF | 3 weeks ago

I am very sorry to hear about your experience, it sounds very frightening and extreme.   I have gone to the Ombudsman and hope mine will be resolved as it is in no-one´s interest to end up in Court.  The solution is also so simple in this instance - SP just need to repair their new state of the art meters so I get actual bills.  They should not charge estimates whilst I can prove I am overseas with nil consumption.   The current pandemic is, in my opinion, being used as an excuse for things need to get done - even though they had 3 pre-Covid months to resolve it all.  

Hopefully one day in the UK customers will have some protection against this.....