Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gas smart meter display

posted by LindaPR | 12 months ago

Why can't I see a display on my gas smart meter? I want to keep up to date with my usage and am unable to enter a meter reading. Electricity meter is fine.

13 comments
Highlighted

Top answer

posted by  Eilidh | 12 months ago
Re: Gas smart meter display

Hi @LindaPR, the gas smart meter display appears blank normally, however, if you press the button on the meter this will display your gas consumption

posted by r90hny | 12 months ago
If the meter works properly otherwise you haven't got a clue what you have used.

posted by Pauline | 11 months ago

Had smart meter installed last week, I can see gas reading on smart control but one of meter is blank.

Comment here suggests pressing button.

Is this one of 3 red buttons at front that look like I need to press with a pointed object?

posted by Davc | 11 months ago

There are good guides to using the SP smartmeter monitor on YouTube and the SP web pages.. 

posted by Roseabelle | 7 months ago

To read the gas smart meter display , I think you have to press 9

posted by Lizz | 4 months ago
I have same problem. Smart meters are meant to be helpful. However the 1st generation meters installed a year ago seem in the last few months to have stopped generating readings back to Scottish Power, and the Scottish Power App keeps telling me to submit readings. Latest bill in August estimated the gas billing so meter had to be read by myself manually to have a true reading with correct billing generated. The IHD gadget just doesn’t work at all. So much for technology.

posted by AndySwain | 3 months ago
Sometimes, you have to press the button really hard, to get the reading to show, due to the type of button used.
I've had problems, repeatedly, but been told by Scottish Power that there's not a problem with the meter...

I wouldn't have had to press the button on the Smart Gas Meter at all, if it had worked as depicted in the Scottish Power advertising!

posted by Geoffbr | A month ago

My Smart Meter display device is not showing any data at all, I have been waiting for a sensible response from Scottish Power for several weeks, yesterday they wrote saying it was due to a firmware upgrade...really...I have been without the display now for 4 weeks!

posted by Lizz | A month ago
My problem too. After over a year of emails and phone calls and getting no response, all the promises of upgrading the faulty 1st generation smart meters, nothing seems to get through to SP. I have reverted to reading my meters every month to avoid estimated bills. My loyalty is wearing thin.