Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

posted by Davc | A year ago
Re: Gas smart meter display

Hi Liz. It sounds as if your meters are suffering from a low mobile phone signal. In that case replacing them would not help. You are doing the right thing by submitting readings manually. I suppose your IHD is working and will display the kWh readings for you. 

Highlighted

posted by Lizz | A year ago
Davc, the IHD does not seem to communicate with meters as it shows absolutely no readings , just symbols. Hence reason for returning to old method of manual readings which I send via the App to SP every month. The App itself reminds me that my readings are out of date and to submit them manually! The saga continues.
Highlighted

posted by Davc | A year ago

Hi Lizz, Maybe you have done this? set your smart meters to send data daily, if they are now set to monthly they have little chance of working. You can change the frequency in your account settings; personal details. If your App is telling you to send in a reading it means that nothing is getting through from the smart meters.  The IHD problem is very common and the best thing is to ignore it.

Highlighted

posted by AndySwain | A year ago
Having not had a (promised) response from Scottish Power (again!), I resorted to phoning them (again).
Allegedly, the reason that my In Home Display has not been working for the last 6 weeks is (apparently) (now) due to a failure in "The System", meaning that nobody's IHD is working. This fault is due to be resolved in "...a matter of weeks...", but of course, I couldn't get a scheduled date.
When I asked why customers weren't being advised of the failure of the IHD, the call centre operator went silent, (and was probably as annoyed as I was!). I did suggest a message on the website, or as a message on a customer's account - still silence...

However, on the bright side, my gas meter does also now suddenly appear to be sending readings to the data centre, allowing the usage to be displayed (sometimes). This is despite the installers Actavo having declared that there's a fault that needs Scootish Power to request that the gas meter be replaced. So I'm letting the dust settle, to see what happens.

And, despite all these problems, all the energy companies keep hailing that smart meters are the way forward - if only they worked!
Highlighted

posted by AndySwain | 9 months ago

So, it's now become very public how many old style smart meters have been installed by SP's contracted installers, despite knowing they were continuing to install inappropriate product (in relation to the publicised functionality)...

We had our smart meter fitted 20 months ago. It partly worked for about a month, (apparently until the "data centre upgrade"), and then we've been fobbed off in so many different ways by the various departments, including "Customer Complaints", who gave us a £10 discount, hoping that we'd shut up. They stopped being responsive about 8 months ago, as the different departments seemed to blame each other, (or maybe were told to hide the problems, for fear that it would become more public).

Although Scottish Power have repeatedly said they're "working  very hard to solve the problem..." we have yet to actually hear from Scottish Power as to when our meter will be made properly functional, as per the advertised performance ...

Smiley Sad Smiley Frustrated Smiley Mad