Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by Davc | A year ago
Re: Gas smart meter not showing any display

Thanks Plantfoot, that is what I think happens as well. So if your IHD is not getting  gas readings put it closer to the electic meter.  Reading many comments it seems the link between gas meter and the rest of the system can often fail, so then gas meters have to be read manually by pressing buttons on the meter.

Highlighted

posted by RubinaL | A year ago

Hi all, 

My smart meter is not showing anything on the display. I have no idea whether it sends any data to Scottish Power. What to do? 

You can check your latest readings on your account, or you can ring SP on 0800 027 0072.
Is it your actual meter without a display? all smart gas meters have to be woken up by pressing buttons in order to get a reading. Your IHD will also give you up to date readings.

posted by Lizz | A year ago

Hi all.  Thanks for all your helpful comments and advice.  From various sources have found out that the first generation gas and electric meters are known to be at fault and that a software update will fix it in a couple of months!! I think I must have inadvertently indicated that my gas/electric meters were faulty; well they are I suppose because at the moment if I want readings, have to revert to manually doing so. Electric meter is fine to read but gas meter has to have one of the buttons pressed in order for the display to wake up.  It’s a nuisance having to try to do this as it is practically at ground level.  How can I be sure that meter readings are being received by SP; they tell me they are. My IHD only shows blank diagrams, etc. with no data showing. I have tried placing this near to meters, but this doesn’t make any difference. They won’t send out anyone to investigate . The SP App “meter readings” section is totally blank whereas before, it showed each new reading on a daily basis. I have asked about this and I can never get a proper answer. Meanwhile I’ll just wait for the software to be upgradeded.

Hi Lizz, your comments just about sum up what everyone says. I’m glad you know how to send in manual readings.  Note it is the electric meter that sends all the readings, so try the IHD closer to it. Otherwise it seems SP have some big computer problems with their App so we just have to be patient. Probably your readings are getting through and raising correct bills, but it all seems a bit flaky.  

posted by plantfoot | A year ago

Hi all

just a thought all the people who have no read out on their remote display in the house have you tried to switch it off by the switch on the back wait 10sec then switch it back on making sure you have close to the electric meter as can . Might work to reset it if it has froze 

Good advice Plantfoot, most things technical can be fixed by turning  off and on again.

posted by dw4481 | 10 months ago
Can’t believe I didn’t read these posts before having mine fitted 8th December. I am now in the same situation as everyone else. I now feel out of control with monitoring my usage. Absolutely disgusted with the lack of support from sp. I’ve been with sp for over 18 years and always recommend them until now. Please sort it sp and update your customers properly with your intentions of resolving this never ending issue

posted by DaveD | 10 months ago
Hi dw4481 you need to send this to contactus@scottishpower.com to be heard!

DaveD