Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

posted by Davc | 11 months ago
Re: I don't want a Smart meter

@Steve58   All the suppliers fit smart meters now as standard replacements, you need a good reason to change to an Unsmart meter,  such as proof it is not recording correctly.  It is doubtful if there are even stocks of traditional meters available for installation.  Smart meters work the same way as traditional except they send readings to the supplier automatically.

Highlighted

posted by Juri1959 | 11 months ago
Smart meters are not for those who change suppliers frequently. Very quickly, you will find yourself on standard rate, so the advantage of changing suppliers would be lost, also, customer service will always wriggle out refunding inconvenience.
And not forgetting ruthless price hikes in the past, then blaming the price of gas in Siberia???
There's no feed to us from Siberia, only by cargo tanker, so what was all that bull**bleep** about?
As consumers, we were empowered, remember that, we can choose our suppliers.
What everyone should be doing is leaving enmass the big 6 and going to suppliers that will accommodate the customers wants and needs.
Do that, and this thread will die away and be forgotten.
Refuse a Smart meter, it's your right.
Highlighted

@Juri1959   Agree with you on changing suppliers, but puzzled why that means going on standard default tariff.  Second, the price of gas is set in a world market, we don’t use Russian gas directly but they set the market, like we don’t use Texas oil but that sets the world price of oil. 

Highlighted

Davc,
if you are on a Smartmeter,and change suppliers, there is no guarantee that the meter now works for your new supplier.
I know this because where i live, several housholders have had this happen, to them it feels like its a 'Revengefull Kick Back' for leaving to go to another supplier.
One woman saw her bill fly up to £480 over while this was sorted, compensation?  £20 towards her next bill.
Historicaly, one of the price hikes and there are many, was blamed on the price of Russian Gas by this very supplier, another reason why i cant stand them and will never come back as a customer.
True, we dont use Texas Oil, but lets be honest here, or am i thick?.. Opec has the biggest influence on Fuel Prices, yes, no complaint from the UK Government, they get more VAT as result, and OFGEM do sod all for their salaries who are non elected gov sallaried employees who are so far detatched from the real world funded by us the Tax Payer.

No problem if you dont see it they way i do, but, if you want to make a difference, leave the Big6.

@Juri1959   Agree with you on changing suppliers, but puzzled why that means going on standard default tariff.  Second, the price of gas is set in a world market, we don’t use Russian gas directly but they set the market, like we don’t use Texas oil but that sets the world price of oil. 

Highlighted

@Juri1959   'If you change supplier with a smart meter there is no guarantee it will work'  Absolutely, everyone knows that. 

But this does not cause an increase of £480 in your bill, smart meters do not incease costs they measure kwh units just like any meter.  These days we are expected to look after our accounts, read meters and make sure everything is working. If you ignore estimated readings  you can quickly get into debt.

As for world markets, we have no control, the government does not like high oil prices because it slows the economy and reduces taxes. Since our north sea gas ran out we are energy importers.  As for Ofgem, I don't know if they do a good job, they certainly set up a lot of small producers, 14 of which have gone bust in the last year. But many of the small producers are excellent and the Big 6 are losing the market. 

If the whole market was nationalised under a Labour government we would still have to pay world prices so there is no easy way out.

Highlighted

Oooh Davc!

you clearly work for SP!

The £480 i was refering to was the result of a failed communicae via smartmeters, i did explain that, and the time and trouble that ensued.

Furthermore, you show yourself to be in cahoots with SPs script hence my sumization that you have their interests in focus rather than JoePublic, so do me a favour, stop trying to be a Robin Hood when your a clandestine shark indisguise.

You are entitled to an opinion, so everyone else, i speak from my experience, with SP its not a good one, as testament, i have my neighbours experience to support my frame of mind, and that is for me not for you or anyone else to dictate.

I am not here for a bun fight, i no longer get my power from SP, and i will do my best to havemy profile removed following this last entry, good luck.

Now go away , and leave me alone.

@Juri1959   'If you change supplier with a smart meter there is no guarantee it will work'  Absolutely, everyone knows that. 

But this does not cause an increase of £480 in your bill, smart meters do not incease costs they measure kwh units just like any meter.  These days we are expected to look after our accounts, read meters and make sure everything is working. If you ignore estimated readings  you can quickly get into debt.

As for world markets, we have no control, the government does not like high oil prices because it slows the economy and reduces taxes. Since our north sea gas ran out we are energy importers.  As for Ofgem, I don't know if they do a good job, they certainly set up a lot of small producers, 14 of which have gone bust in the last year. But many of the small producers are excellent and the Big 6 are losing the market. 

If the whole market was nationalised under a Labour government we would still have to pay world prices so there is no easy way out.

Highlighted

posted by Steve58 | 11 months ago
Sorry, But the issue here is choice and a certain amount of economic licence with the info I was given.

I was told that I WOULD have my meter replaced by an analog meter by the call handler, and in the follow up call by the contractor.

With this in mind it would seem that I was Lied to by somebody, or someone in the food chain decided to ignore my request. TBH I would have some sympathy if somebody called me and said "hey, we don't have any old style meters anymore to fit" ( I was actually told that they DO have refurbished meters available in the initial conversation), and had the Chance and CHOICE to talk it through with somebody.
There is nothing worse than feeling you have been lied to , I would not accept it from any of my friends or family, and certainly feel that it is totally unacceptable to be treated this way by Scottish Power.
Totally unacceptable behaviour!!
Highlighted

posted by cmp | 10 months ago

That is incidious.   I hope you manage to get it taken out ASAP. Its going to far when this happens.

posted by stevestuart431 | 10 months ago
I sent the idiots this yesterday and also links to EMF pollution and RF sickness, this is an agenda to entrap everyone into being spied on and then when “ they decide “ you get gas and electric ! Beware world and to see children being used on the TV adverts saying “ thank you “ is an utter disgrace when it is very very well documented the illnesses people are suffering in the US rollout and now the UK ! If anyone has a supplier that will never use these things I’ll sign up tomorrow as Bulb profess to be green and ethical yet also want these things spying on us ?

Smart Meter Health Effects
Headaches.
Insomnia.
Fatigue.
Tinnitus.
Heart arrhythmia/palpitations.
Decreased immune function.
Irritability.
Decreased cognitive function.
Highlighted

posted by yanmouldy | 9 months ago
I've currently had over £300 compensation back from SP due to constant emails and SMS. Remember that Actavo are working on a comission basis so it's a sales call. GDPR is your friend so if you have asked not to be on this they have to respect it.
6 quiet months and just getting them again so this will be another complaint and compensation.
Smart Meters are not compulsory.