Did you mean: 
Highlighted

posted by winnie | 6 months ago
Re: I don't want a Smart meter

I do not want a smart meter

Highlighted

posted by cmp | 6 months ago

Why cant these energy companies see that the majority of us do not want or need these accursed meters.   Stop those ads and save money that way. OK we dont use more energy than we need as we dont like paying out.   SO STOP Please....

Highlighted

posted by Davc | 6 months ago

@cmp   Hello, read the rest of this discussion, the energy companies do not want smart meters either, they are only the messenger carrying the news. It is a government programme which we all have to follow. Eventually it will give better management of supply and demand, but there is little consumer benefit, as you say none of us like bills  so we dont use fuel wastefully.

Highlighted

posted by whiteowl | 6 months ago

Just had a call from SP to see if i wanted a smart meter. I said i dont have to have one do i and she never said yes, she asked why, so she could put in on the system. I said there were too many problems with SP installations and i would only have a smet2 . She could not say if that would be the case. When they get better i might think about it. Hope that is the last  for quiet a while.

Highlighted

posted by Foreigns12 | 6 months ago

Sheer Bribery at its worst if i don't take a smart meter  so i wont get SP cheapest tariff  which is the Super Saver Tariff where i could save £107 a year . There is nothing wrong with my present meter  which was installed in my new house in 2011.I never have had problems with meters all of my life,and have read bad reports of smart meters.I want to know if Providers are breaking law in offering cheapest tariffs only if i take a smart meter which i dont want,if not,what is the point of government making it mandatory to have one when Providers can bribe me and you into taking their cheapest tariffs only if i take a smart meter and keeping me on the dearer tariff if i dont take a smart meter? And is it worth taking the risk taking  a smart meter if its going to show more expense than my present meter,and nearly,or  also more expensive than if i take the cheapest Suer Saver Tariff ?

Highlighted

Well read my above post. This morning received an email saying book your smart meter appointment as the tarriff you signed up to  needs a meter or they will put me on a standand tariff.  This is the first i knew even the girl on the phone did not tell me this and i asked if i needed to. When i changed my tariff through MSE comparision site, it had nothing to say this on the tariff information. I have had 2 bills and both say no action needed. 

I have saved them. On the next new tarriff from SP it does have that information  i have to have a smart meter. Okay so idid not change to that one so not to have one, even if it was a little bit cheaper. So i am olso wondering if it is worth taking the risk and not book it. I too feel this is another way to blackmail us savy  people who switch. Looking  at other companies  they are doing the same 

Highlighted

Well read my above post. This morning received an email saying book your smart meter appointment as the tarriff you signed up to  needs a meter or they will put me on a standand tariff.  This is the first i knew even the girl on the phone did not tell me this and i asked if i needed to. When i changed my tariff through MSE comparision site, it had nothing to say this on the tariff information. I have had 2 bills and both say no action needed. 

I have saved them. On the next new tarriff from SP it does have that information  i have to have a smart meter. Okay so idid not change to that one so not to have one, even if it was a little bit cheaper. So i am olso wondering if it is worth taking the risk and not book it. I too feel this is another way to blackmail us savy  people who switch. Looking  at other companies  they are doing the same. I think i will try and phone to see where i stand,  

Highlighted

posted by Juri1959 | 6 months ago
Ditch and switch, at what ever cost .
If there's am exit fee , pay it, 'stuff ' em! They don't deserve loyal customers, leave today!
Highlighted

posted by cmp | 5 months ago

I will not have a smart meter. thay are not needed.   They are one of the highest sources of dangerous EMF pollution.    Do I have to go to the expense of buying a  QuWave Harmonizer which may or not work,  to keep my family and pets safe.    The increased exposure from radiowave and microwave radiation caused by Smart Meters is nonstop and is cumulative and can be a source of huge problems. I have a near neighbour who is badly affected and is under constantmedical supervision.    EMFs have been shown to cause: brain tumors, leukemia, birth defects, miscarriages as well as the less serious  chronic fatigue, headaches, stress, nausia etc.   Is there any real protection. Even if I dont have one and my next door neighbour does.   My family still get dosed .  The same as  with WiFi which I will not use for much the same reasons.

So is there any hope for my family to be safe. And we should ask why this switch to Smart meters is happening .  I cannot believe its for our benifit.   It will cost far more than the meter reading would ever do in a dozen years.

The following quote comes from a Goverment site

""Can I refuse a smart meter?

Yes. You are under no obligation to have a smart meter installed in your home.

You can discuss any concerns you have about smart meters with your supplier. Many energy companies have dedicated teams to handle questions about the technology and the installation process. ""

So there. I wont be having one.

Highlighted

posted by cmp | 5 months ago
You do not have to have one. take them to task.