Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

posted by Foreigns12 | 11 months ago
Re: I don't want a Smart meter
Davec,You can switch to any different tariff cheaper or dearer with SP anytime without penalty,you don't have to wait till late 2020
Highlighted

posted by DavidS | 11 months ago

For clarification BG = British Gas. From an earlier post. 

Highlighted

posted by Davc | 11 months ago
@Foreigns12. I am on a cheap tariff already. My comment on 2020 was that I am more likely to get a good installation by leaving it until the system is well established. So far only about 25% of the meter programme has been done. Thanks for your comments.
Highlighted

Davec,Do you mean that 25% of the smart meter system is only established at present,or do you mean that only 25% of your present tariff is completed ?
Highlighted

Haha, only 14m out of 60m smart meters have been installed and only 1 m of them report to DCC, the others report to their installer’s site. So quite a long way to go.
Highlighted

Davec.Thanks for your help,I think i will extend my present tariff at same fixed prices ,although its dearer than the cheapest tariff,i can always switch to cheapest tariff without if i change my mind, i will let you know if i do.The information about SPs installers is very helpful and not many customers know that a provders own trained employed installers are the best option.I was a repairs and maintenance inspector with local government and it was their contractors who's workmanship was shoddy in comparison to their own time served tradesmen.What is a DCC report and its significance ?
Highlighted

Davec,I mean a DCC Government report ?
Highlighted

@Foreigns12    DCC is the Data Communication Company which runs the smart meter communication for the government. You can read about it on this link

https://www.smartdcc.co.uk/

Highlighted

Davec,I have decided in meantime to extend my present tariff till 31 January 2021,until smart meters become more efficient.As they say "Better with the devil you know,than the devil you don't" .Thanks for your help and information
Highlighted

posted by Steve58 | 10 months ago

If you dont want a smart meter be sure not to let Activo into your house. My analog meter was playing up, so I contacted Scottish power for a replacement, making it absolutly clear that I did not want a smart meter. The girl on the phone assured me that the meter would be replaced by a analog meter, but when the installer turned up , unfortunately I could not be there and he fitted a smart meter without asking my wife if it was OK. I have made a complaint and asked for the smart meter to be removed.