Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

posted by Bobby | A month ago
Re: IHD not displaying any electricity readings

The 'funny' thing is, in fixing the SMETS1 (ver 1 were not swappable between billing companies) they broke some SMETS2 (ver 2).

The electricity meter is in two parts: the WAN 'mobile phone' bit at the top and electricity meter proper at the bottom.

All these devices can talk to each other by ZigBee HAN: WAN bit top, electric meter bottom, gas meter and IHD.

Only the WAN bit top talks to SP through DCC's mobile phone network (or through MESH to another meter's WAN bit with a better signal)

On my meters: gas talks to IHD and WAN, electricity does not talk to either IHD or WAN.
Something appears to have gone wrong with the electric meter HAN, which probably means it cannot be updated remotely from the WAN bit, and someone will have to visit to press buttons.

posted by buttons9 | A month ago

will someone tell me how to read the new digital meters which have buttons to press. I do have a smart meter supplied in the past by EON. Does this not still supply Scottish power with my readings?

Highlighted

posted by Davc | A month ago

@buttons9   There are many different types of meter, it is not possible to say which buttons will give you a reading.  But, if you have a number keypad press 9 for the reading.

Highlighted

posted by Bobby | A month ago

@buttons9If the display is off, that is no LCD numbers, text or symbols - the display is blank, then press any button.

Normally the electricity stays non-blank and scrolls through tha available info, but the light comes on when you press a button and the scrolling may stop.

Normally the gas meter is blank to save its battery, pressing a button wakes it up, then the buttons do things, but usually the gas usage is displayed and you do not need to press another button.