Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by davidwf | A year ago
Re: IHD not receiving data
6 weeks on and still the same.this is simply not good enough as part of the agreement for having one is to enable us to manage our consumption.......we should all get together and complain as, although we haven't actually paid cash for these they have effectively been mis-sold as they don't work as advertised

posted by JohnRawsn | A year ago

into Hospital 16-4-20.   IHD data intermittent

Returned home 6-5-20   IHD display- no data or time   Connection lost

Restart failed, even when unit within 9 inches of Smart meter.

0800 number failing to handle smartmeter fault calls  30-5-20

posted by Davc | A year ago

@JohnRawsn   The display units often lose connection, it does not affect the smart meters operation so it is a low priority at the moment. Just unplug the display unit and put it away for use in the Autumn. 

posted by ianr | A year ago
Mine are the same... I have a whole month now on the IHD and through the app/website showing 0 usage all month. Since October it has been super intermittent but it used to be that it would all catch up on a day, a few times a month.
Now I’ve just noticed that the meter readings are way out and looks like the days of 0 usage stopped mid may and now not even the days date are reported.
This would be the 5th time I’ve had to raise it to SP.
Literally no point in having all this technology as I cannot use it to draw any conclusion of our usage trends.

@ianr   Sorry to say these problems with display units are very common, they are caused by updates being sent out to the meter units, there is no fix you can do, only wait until the display starts to connect again.  You can unplug the display if you like it does not send any meter readings to SP. 

posted by davidwf | A year ago

it's not ,losing connection...the wireless strength is always 3 bars

@davidwf   I expect you know, it is not the strength of the signal, it is the sign-on that establishes communication that is the problem.   It is like shouting in a foreign language.   Energy companies are trying to get meter communications working by applying upgrades but they often result in the display units losing their sign-on.    The problem is the many brands of meter and display, and different energy company phone systems and the presence of smets1 and smets2 meters.  It is quite a mess you can imagine. 

posted by suej | A year ago
Mine is exactly the same. I just keep getting told to view usage from the app, but that doesn't display anything past the 24th April when the IHD stopped working, perhaps it will all be free after that date!!😁 Its really disappointing as these things are marketed by offering the consumer control over their bills which then doesn't happen!

@suej   You can only wait for improvements.  The app gets its data from SP through the internet so if your meters have not sent any readings to SP by mobile phone signal since April the app has no new data to show. 

posted by suej | A year ago
So does this mean Scottish power don't know how much energy we're using & we will have to provide meter readings?