Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In-Home Display (IHD)

posted by bandit62 | 11 months ago
I had smart meters fitted two weeks ago. The in home display does not read at all. I contacted ScottishPower and they said it would take 6 weeks to start working. Can anybody tell me if this is true or are they just fobbing me off?
6 comments

posted by Davc | 11 months ago
Re: In-Home Display (IHD)

Hi bandit. Lot of IHD problems right now, Not normal to wait 6 weeks but it could take a while. A bit of fobbing going on probably. 

posted by rjubin | 7 months ago

I had my Type 2 Smart meter installed on the 9th May 2019. The IHD links with the meters OK but the total cost of energy displayed (on a daily basis) seems quite high and the individual costs/consumption for  gas and electricity seems to be reversed. i.e. I use far more gas than electricity but the costs (and consumption) displayed on the IHD look like they should be reversed because the reading for electricty is far higher than that of gas!

I phoned the HELP line (0800 027 0072) to try to get some answers and was told that it will take 6-8weeks for the IHD to start operating properly!

What the hell is the point of having a smartmeter / IHD installed if it doesn't work properly from day one?  It's making me very nervous about what I might get billed at the end of the 6-8 week period.

posted by Davc | 7 months ago

You can ignore the costs on the Display, they have all gone wrong. It is definitely not your bill and only bad programming in the display’s internal calculations. The display is only accurate for meter readings and kWh data. 

Highlighted

Thanks for the reply. Is that official? If so, what is SP planning to do to resolve the situation in "6-8 weeks". Are we likely to get new IHDs or are they just recycle-fodder?  At the moment, the IHD is as useless as bits on a bull! 

posted by Davc | 7 months ago

Don’t destroy the display, the pictures you showed gave good kWh data but wrong cost data. SP are going to send out a firmware upgrade to correct this.  It was interesting your Smets2 IHD is now a new model with a colour screen. Now SP have two types issued I suppose it makes maintenance more difficult.  OR. Did your installer give you a display for a different provider? Anything is possible. If SP replace the display it will need an engineer to visit and pair it with the meters. 

I'm pretty sure "Scottish Power" is marked on the back of the IHD. Away from home just now so can't check. I won't bin it for a couple of months, but a display that doesn't give me no more than the consumption without accurate costing & budgeting is no more use to me than an ornament. I can get that from reading the meters. Anyway, thanks for your help.