Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Tariff on SMART meter

posted by fjw | A year ago
We recently had a new SMART meter installed however the Tariff costs displayed do not match those on our most recent Fixed Online April 2018 v3 bill. Additionally it appears that we are using 3x more gas than with our old meters. Could there be an issue with the installation?
7 comments

posted by  Eilidh | A year ago
Re: Incorrect Tariff on SMART meter
Hi @fjw, the tariff costs which shows on your in home display is not inclusive of VAT so there may be slight changes. Do you feel your gas usage has normalised now or is it still higher than before?

Hi, I think its still a fair bit higher. I assume that this is not what actual billing is based on though??

posted by  Eilidh | A year ago

Hi @fjw, could you possibly post an image of the IHD where it shows the higher cost on this thread?  This will allow me to double check which view is being displayed to you and let me know if I think it may require our customer service team to rectify for you.

Is there an email address I can send you the pictures as I can’t seem to post them from my phone.

posted by Bartonbri | A year ago
We had a mart meter installed this week and the tariff is blank. When is this populated?
Highlighted

posted by Wotto | A year ago

Good luck with that. After a month of badgering them I got a phone call today to say that it seem your SMART meter isnt working as hasnt been working since we installed it (nearly a year ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

So at some unspecifed date they ar going to send an engineer to look at it

posted by Bartonbri | A year ago

Resolved my issue in that I was looking at the combined reading for a tariff. I now realise they are set seperatley for gas and electricity. So far seems to be working Ok but time will tell.