Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with new installed smart meter

posted by raul_sbd | A year ago

I had my smart meter installed today. I am on dual fuel. The electricity spending shows ok but the gas has not moved and we have had the heating on all the day. It says 0 Kw spent. I have tried resetting the device by pressing 10 sec but no success.. The enginyeer said to keep an eye on the gas consumition that should change within the next couple of days...Do I need to wait for the overnight daily reset?

I understand it takes just 30 min to pick up the gas data. The electric data is ok. Is the gas meter not comunicating with the electric meter? How can i resolve this please? Is not useful this if i will need to come down and check the gas readings.. Smiley Sad

9 comments

posted by  Eilidh | A year ago
Re: Issue with new installed smart meter

Hi @raul_sbd, this is not unusal for this to be the case on the first day your meter is installed in can sometimes take a day for this information to show on your in home display.  Can I double check if you are still not seeing any data for your gas?  If you are not, I'd recommend you contact our customer service team who can help investigate this for you.

Highlighted

posted by Chris88 | A year ago

Hi,

Did you get a real answer for this? We have the same problem. Some idiot engineer not only broke the cover from our boiler but didn't register our gas meter properly (that's what we're told is the issue). We are on dual fuel, had two quatres since the smart meters were installed and are not getting billed for gas. We have called and emailed and complained ten or more times and no one will do anything. The other month we had our bill adjusted for the gas, but we haven't been billed for it since. How many times do we have to complain? We're going to end up with a huge gas bill.

Chris

posted by raul_sbd | A year ago
I gave the company that installs the smart meters a call and they seem to know about the same issue happening in many instances. So they book me another engineer for the begin of January... thats not right as it is another day of holidays I need to take from work. Tbh the smart utility of this devices is non existent.. I need to have the IDH monitor next to the window in my bedroom in order to pick up 1 bar of signal, and taking in account you cannot even turn off the backlight on the device it is really bad in the dark to be able to sleep. Also disconnecting the device it takes only 45 min to go off out of battery. Please Scottish Power sort this out and provide new IDH monitors plus also sort out the communication issue in between devices.

posted by Jaylin | A year ago

I had my meter installed last Thursday. Not at all happy. Electric registering but am not sure it's accurate. Gas was registering, but now the meter has gone blank and the IHD not working properly. 

posted by kevindenton | A year ago

Same here, had smart meters fitted recently, now the the IDH will not connect to the smart meters. Tried to read the meters the "old fashioned" way and the gas meter just shows a blank screen so I cannot even post any manual readings online.

posted by BEQ | A year ago
I seem to be having the same problem as you. Has your issue been resolved? Id like to try and contact Scottish power directly but it seems impossible.

posted by Jaylin | A year ago

Hello there

yes, i have had the problem fixed. It took them a month to replace the faulty meter. I contacted Scottish power direct on 0800 027 0072 as there is no contact number for the company who installed the meter

posted by alibro | A year ago
I had my smart meter in December i sent one reading manually and it’s not been sending since! I’ve rung SP was told someone would get back to me as it won’t let me do manual reading! Someone said for me to change the times the SM sends info to sp but I don’t know how to do this! It’s a joke!

posted by Davc | A year ago

Hi Alibro; I think you can adjust the frequency of updates on line in the section for the settings of your account. If you cannot find it ring 0800 027 0072 and ask them to change it for you. I think daily or weekly would be a good setting. Once a month is not frequent enough.