Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meter Readings for March 31st

posted by Culp57 | A month ago

We have an IHD 3 smart meter. We are concerned that Scottish Power has an up to date meter reading for March 31st but when we look at our account it says the last meter reading was on the 23rd of Feb?  I thought smart meters sent continuous meter readings? Is this the case, and if so, how come your web page says 23rd Feb?

10 comments

posted by DavC1 | A month ago
Re: Meter Readings for March 31st

@Culp57   Meter readings can be set to half hourly in your online account page under your account details.  The problem with your gas meter not showing up could be due to many reasons.  If it does not send in smart readings for gas you could send in manual readings. 

posted by Culp57 | A month ago

What do we need to do in order to get gas meter readings as well? It's half of the point of having a smart meter

Top answer

@Culp57   Report a non-working smart gas meter to customer services.  0800 027 0072.     Send manual readings until they have fixed the problem.

posted by scotty2124 | A month ago
That's due to the fack that they tell lies and RIP peaple off 36% of of my Bill's are made up by them . These peaple are a disgrace and shud be shut down take yesterday 4th April..I was away b4 I went I turned off gas and electricity at the meters I was checking usage all day nothing good I thort maybe thay getting the hint there customers are on to them HUU yea rite just looked and yesterday I've used £7,46 Ian not even back yet so it's all still off I've been gathering evidence two yes now crooks

Thay will never fix ur meters all you will get it an appointment for an engineer to call but never will

posted by Bets79 | A month ago

A/C16005708877 i need urgent help with my smart meter which was installed in February I have c0nsrantly phoned but have not receive dany help from your company I am already in arrears wth you not registerin my 2021  smartmeter reading and if this continue I will not be able to pay as I am 80 years old and only have ny pension  for payment also when i try to log in my e mail is not being recognised I really dont know how to solve this problem so I need Urgent assistance with this mattereelizabeth 

elizabeth wilson 50 geils avenue Dumbarton  G82 2QH 

@Bets79   Sorry to hear you have a smart meter problem. If it is not sending automatic readings could you or a friend take a reading from it and send it in to Scottish Power.  I think this would solve your problem. 

Thanx for the reply I've spoken to s/p 1000 times and get the same results as you gave send a reading myself it baffles me that no one gets it MY ISSUE IS BOTH MY METERS HAVE BLANK SCREENS JUST THE GREEN BACKLIGHT SO NOT THE BATTERY if I can't see the screen could someone please enlighten me on how I send a meter reading if I can't see one AM I BEING A BIT THICK the professional peaple within customer non service suggest that thay will email me the reading so I can send it back eeerrrrrr hello (GET A SMAR METER SO YOU CAN KEEP ON EYE ON YOUR USEAGE IN POUNDS AND PENCE 2ND WORST THING I DID 1ST WAS JOINING SCOTISH POWER LIERS AND CROOKS

@scotty2124    Here is a very good reply from Steve

To Everyone... 

This is how I eventualy resolved my case - (for now at least ... until this new meter goes blank!)

I finally had an engineer appointment Tuesday 15 March - this meter has been blank since last August so around 7 months and over 8 hours on phone calls (at least 15) and emails.

So, please note:  I had 3 different complaint handlers and it was only when I said (via the director report link) that I was taking it to the OMBUDSMAN that anything seemed to happen.  That threat alone (I believe) is what got things moving because the next call came back to me pretty quick and they asked if I had contacted the ombudsman yet.

Now, it may have been a coincidence but as soon as I mentioned the ombudsman, the admin 'system' which had hitherto prevented ANYONE at SP being able to make such an appointment, seemed to get fixed and it would appear that Customer Services CAN now make such appointment. Wow! such a big coincidence or what?

So, to all of you out there I recommend you follow these steps: (irrespective of where you are in your case now)

1. Make your complaint official and give them 7 days to respond.

2. After 7 days, send an escalation to the director support using the link  https://www2.scottishpower.co.uk/directorsupport.process?execution=e1s1  again giving them 7 days to respond and saying you will contact the ombudsman after that time.

3. Be prepard to contact the ombsudsman and follow up your complaint.

Also, pleaese ... to all those giving advice out there- try refering to posters by name when you reply (Scotty2124 take note) as it is difficult to follow the conversation if we don't know whom you are replying to.

My next battle is arguing about how much gas they think I have used since my meter stopped telling us all ...

Finally, venting is good but spare a thought for those in other situations (UKR) who would love to have just your problems to deal with.  Be nice to the Customer Service reps ... it's not their fault your meter failed and also, just because this worked for me I cannot promise it will work for you but what do you have to lose?

Steve B