Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meter Readings

posted by lainey7571 | A year ago

Hi,

I have just opened an account with scotthish power. 

I have smart meters for my gas and electricity but I am still having to get someone to read the meter for me.  this is hard at the moment with the social distancing rules.  

Also my display unit isn't workingany more, it just reports my total usage for gas and electricity is 0.

Will I be getting new meters at some point as I am disabled with Multiple Sclerosis and arthritis in my spine.

I just put my direct debit up to £70 as I believe you had set it too low and I dont wans to build up large bills.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Elaine Jeffries

36 Campians Avenue, Cheslyn Hay, Walsall, West Midlands, WS6 7HW.

3 comments

posted by Davc | A year ago
Re: Meter Readings
@lainey7571. We can’t help with your account details we are customers here. Your display unit might still show meter readings even if the history is missing. Often the displays do fail in that way. If you have enough mobility to look at your meters you can read them yourself. Otherwise you only need readings every couple of months or so and maybe your helper can still help.
It’s also possible your meters are sending readings themselves, you only need to read them if SP request readings.

posted by Joanne1 | 2 weeks ago
I am disabled and can not read my meters. I need someone to come and read them for me please.

posted by DavC1 | 2 weeks ago

@Joanne1   Sorry for you,  first SP do not read this forum, and second they expect everyone to read their own meters.  Maybe you could get a neighbour or friend to help you.  Good luck.