Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meter reading query

posted by sianp | 10 months ago
I have had a smart metre installed and keep getting emails about a metre readings. I thought this was the purpose of the smart metres so don’t need to put it in. Please can you advise. Thank you.
9 comments

posted by Davc | 10 months ago
Re: Meter reading query
Yes you do need to put it in for the first reading. Should be alright after.
Highlighted

posted by Randy | 9 months ago

Smart metre was installed in Dec.  The electricity metre started with the reading of 3207 already there. Now I am being charged from zero to current. My bill is £800 pounds. What a lousy way of playing out clients. Please correct this immediately.

posted by Davc | 9 months ago

@Randy Please tell SP about your meter reading problem on 0800 027 0072. 

posted by maggot44 | 6 months ago

Why do I have to give you metre readings when I have a smart metre, I already had it when I transferred to Scottish Power

posted by Davc | 6 months ago

@maggot44   Version1 smart meters only work with the supplier that installed them. Some time in the next 12 months they will be remotely upgraded to work with any supplier. Meanwhile you must send SP regular meter readings, which you can take from your in home Display and input online.

posted by jess49 | 6 months ago
I've just switched to S P and i have smart meters and don't know how to read them to send them a reading they keep asking for??? I was on pre pay

Hi. Which energy supplier installed the PAYG smart meter? You have to look on their website to see how to read their meter. All the meters are different but mainly depend on pressing buttons to display the readings. You have to send an opening reading to SP to avoid being charged for previous users fuel.

posted by Bry | 6 months ago

We have a smart metre installed with Scottish Power.  It was installed a couple of years ago and we have remained continuously with Scottish Power.  For some reason in the last month the gas reading from the smart metre doesn't seem to be uploading.  I have had an email asking for metre readings.... 

@Bry   That is strange for your gas meter to suddenly stop, it could be caused by a weak or flat battery, see if there is a notification on the meter itself.