Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New IHD unit

posted by QI | 2 years ago
I’ve just recently moved over to Scottish power from British Gas - we were switched over on the 3rd of April. We already had 2nd gen smart meters installed by BG so didn’t have to have new smart meters installed. I have not been given a IHD unit by Scottish power. Should my existing one just switch to showing usage/cost on Scottish power tariff as currently it doesn’t seem to be. Or should I have received a new IHD unit? Or does my unit need to be paired again? I wasn’t given any information.
5 comments

posted by Davc | 2 years ago
Re: New IHD unit

@QI   Your IHD works independently of any supplier, but as you say the tariff may well be wrong..Use your IHD for meter readings and it will be correct.  Even though you have a smets2 meter it may take a long time to get enrolled in SP's system so you may have to send manual readings from your IHD to avoid getting estimates.

posted by QI | 2 years ago

So how do I get a unit from SP so that it shows correct usage? One of the reasons why I moved to SP was because it used my existing smart meters. My gas meter is in an awkward location and to access it I have empty an entire kitchen cupboard and then get into the cupboard myself to get to the meter!! I like to keep an eye on my usage but currently it’s showing the wrong usage due to being in a BG tariff! How do I rectify the problem?

posted by Davc | 2 years ago
@QI. Your BG display will show the gas reading in cubic metres. The cost calculation will depend on SP downloading the correct tariff. A new display unit would not help and is not needed. Smart gas meters only transmit every 30 minutes so there is always a time lag, unlike electricity which is almost live on the display unit.
Displays in general seldom have correct cost calculations, it is not your bill only a local calculation inside the display unit. You can ignore the costs.

posted by 2848209 | A month ago

How do I get a new IHD unot

posted by DavC1 | A month ago

@2848209  Ring customer services 0800 027 0072