Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New smart meter, no gas reading

posted by Vodkaneat | 5 months ago

Had my new smart meter installed.  The IHD manual says the gas meter sends usage to the electric meter every 30 mins.  The engineer said it might take 24 hours to come through.  Well, it's been well over 24 hours and the gas still shows "Waiting for current data".  I rang SP, apparently the offical line is now; it can take 4-6 weeks to come through, and some rubbish about analysing patterns...

Come on SP, this is a meter, the whole point is to monitor usage, not patterns, or any predictive magical data.  There are lots of people complaining about the same issue, many saying it's never been fixed since their original installation.

I very much hope I haven't been downgraded to a system where I now have to take readings and report them myself so as not to get estimated usage.  Can anyone explain why on earth I'd need 4-6 weeks to get live data from a gas meter?

3 comments

posted by Davc | 5 months ago
Re: New smart meter, no gas reading
The IHD display gets data within your house from the meters and provided they are all paired there is no reason why the Display should not work immediately. It is understandable though that it may take time for SP to receive gas readings and reflect these in your account. A lot of people report no gas display on the IHD and it looks as if there is a firmware problem with the IHD.
Highlighted

posted by exenduro19 | 2 months ago

I do not know what action I should take.

posted by Davc | 2 months ago

@exenduro19   If your Display does not show a gas reading, go to your gas meter and press its buttons to display the reading, and send in the reading to SP.