Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

No gas display

posted by KevfromFev | 5 days ago
I have had a smart meter 2 installed for months and it was working fine. Suddenly the gas meter outside and my in house display are not displaying at all but I can scroll the in-house to get a mater reading - has anyone faced this problem and any suggested fix please
5 comments
Highlighted

posted by Davc | 5 days ago
Re: No gas display

@KevfromFev   Smart gas meters always have blank screens to prolong their battery life.  You press buttons to see a reading. Your Display unit is working correctly, which is unusual. 

Highlighted

posted by KevfromFev | 5 days ago
Thank you for your advice, I have 3 buttons marked a,b and c on my gas meter, I’ve pressed each one but none seem to activate the display, I suppose the main thing is that ScottishPower will still be getting a meter reading even though I don’t have a display
Highlighted

@KevfromFev   It is a good sign if your display is updating.  If the meter will not show readings it could be that its battery needs to be replaced. You can request a replacement , write to

contactus@scottishpower.com

Highlighted

@KevfromFev. You have a Uniflo gas meter. Button A shows the reading normally so yours must be low on battery.
Highlighted

posted by KevfromFev | 4 days ago
Thanks Dave, I’ll contact them re: battery