Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online account information problems.

posted by gertom | A year ago

I have had repeated problems with the online facility accepting my meter readings.  Eg., yesterday I submitted my latest readings, today the facility says it’s 31 days since last reading was submitted  (even though my latest readings are in the boxes provided). Sometimes not all of my (3) readings have been logged and I have to key them in again. When these glitches were first noticed I became inclined to double check that I was submitting properly, and that the readings were confirmed. Despite this, I have to check regularly to make sure my readings have been accepted and that my bills are up to date.

Why do these problems exist? It’s as if someone/thing is deleting my submissions. Anyone else noticed these anomalies?

10 comments

posted by lesley1962 | 7 months ago
Re: Online account information problems.
I entered meter readings 3 days ago and it still hasn't registered it yet, I am trying to keep an eye on my bills this winter and want to know roughly how much I am using

posted by Davc | 7 months ago

Hi, normally after sending a meter reading you get an email within about 4 days and a new bill appears on your online account. If you see nothing after a week send the readings again. 

posted by Jonnel | 7 months ago

@gertom I don't know if this info is of any use to you: I have standard meters, not smart meters so I enter my readings manually, monthly. About 18 months ago I went to put the figures online as I have done for years and the screen said one of the previous entries (gas) was HIGHER than the reading I was about to enter. The system would not let enter the new reading because, of course, it was LOWER than the one it already had. I contacted SP (in those days they actually answered the phone) thinking my account had been compromised and they manually corrected the figures for me. It hasn't happened again.

Upshot is:- the online figures on customer online accounts CAN be manually changed by SP and they CAN be corrupted in some way. I am certain I had not entered an incorrect reading myself, so how had that incorrect reading gotten on to my account?

posted by sonwat | 7 months ago

very frustrated withSP.  Have entered smart metre readings but unsure if they have been accepted!

.Have also tried unsuccessfully  over the last 4 months  to renew my current duel fuel tarrif.   Current tarriff runs out this month.  Have change it online 4 times,  had a quote, submitted and recieved achknolagement each time  from SP: however it has not changed in my account.  Am still on original tarrif. Aghhhh.

SP not contactable by phone Aghhhh.  Their chat line out of action, Aghhhh.  No way to contact them by email. aghhhh

NOT GOOD.

Hi sonwat, your new tariff will start when the old one expires. This gives you lower costs because all the new tariffs are more expensive and you need to use the full amount of the old tariff. 

posted by DaveD | 7 months ago
Hi Davc, so has this changed? I repeatedly for the previous eight months got emails from SP that my fixed rate tariff would end on the 31st December 2018 and to select a new one. I contacted India and asked if I did so would my existing tariff continue to its end and then the new one start. I was told definitely not, the new one would start straight away. So who is correct, customer service India or.....

DaveD

Could be you are right, I’m not sure. It is always better to let the old contract run to an end to get the price benefit.
Highlighted

posted by DaveD | 7 months ago
I agree Davc but they place tempters in several months beforehand. This is what prompted me until I was told it wouldn't work that way.

DaveD

posted by Crispyduck | 5 months ago
I too have had the same problem sending meter readings and always told to try again later. It's annoying and embarrassing as my gas meter is outside a neighbor kitchen as I live in a block of flats. Don't want them to think I'm stalking them. Please get it fixed.