Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Power cut has disconnected Smart Meter

posted by Fuelbill67 | 11 months ago

I had to have my power supply switched off recently it was for 30 mins, all my electrics came back on with the exception of my newly installed Smart Meter which shows no life.

I am unable to contact Scottish Power regarding this, can anyone help?

6 comments
Highlighted

posted by Davc | 11 months ago
Re: Power cut has disconnected Smart Meter

@Fuelbill67     Do you mean your Display unit?  The meter itself should be working normally.  The Display should restart after a while, but it is not needed for the meters to function normally.   Leave the Display plugged in for a while to see if it recovers.

Highlighted

posted by paulo | 11 months ago
My meter’s had a power cut the day after install back in August, they no longer send data back to SP, finally got an appointment to get them re connected to network and providor have cancelled it as it is not an install.

Does anyone know how to connect them back to the WAN so they are smart meters rather than dumb meters.

Sorry to jump on post but SP are frustrating and providor don’t want to know.
Highlighted

posted by Davc | 11 months ago

@paulo     WAN connection has to be done by an installer.

Highlighted

posted by paulo | 11 months ago
Thank you @Davc I thought that would be the case but trying to get someone to come out is like getting hens teeth, looks like I’ve got dumb meters until I move to a new provider.
Highlighted

posted by isobel2 | 3 months ago

We have just had a power cut which has knocked out our smart meter. I know it can be read at source (at Scottish Power who installed it) but we have very recently changed suppliers and the new supplier has told us they require us to send monthly meter readings as they don't yet have smart meter technology. How can I do this? I can't see Scottish Power sending someone out to reset it when we are no longer with them.

Highlighted

posted by Davc | 3 months ago

@isobel2   I think you are talking about your Display unit which has stopped working.  You need to go the real meter and press its buttons to take a reading for your new supplier.