Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Prepayment key

posted by cchriskelly | 3 years ago
I have lost my electricity key and in due to run out of credit. No one answering phones until Monday now, is there any way I can top up or use my emergency credit without needing my prepayment key? Thanks.
7 comments
Highlighted

posted by  Gordon | 3 years ago
Re: Prepayment key

Hi @cchriskelly, if you have credit on your electricity meter before the call centre closes on a Saturday then your electricity meter will stay on until the call centre re-opens on the Monday morning. Did you find this was the case? To order a new key you have either do this via your online account or call our customer service team on 0800 027 0072. 

Highlighted

posted by Lindar | 3 years ago
Just before Xmas I lost my prepayment card. No outlets in my area had these replacement cards. Ended up putting the code on a different supplier code as advised by a retailer. Phoned SO customer services several times no help what so ever. 82 year old mother lives with me very cold house for 3 days (weekend) Promised a card with a credit on it to replace the £10 lost customer services blamed Xmas for the delay needless to say still waiting Jan 7th. SO need to listen to the calls I made and review their emergency procedures for circumstances like this. Also ensure that retailers have stocks of these cards.
Highlighted

posted by Fatherjack1 | 2 years ago

No this does not happen, as we had money on our meter when the customer services closed on Saturday, and now it's Sunday it has gone off

Highlighted

posted by DrRichard | A year ago
How can I get a prepayment key today, being a Sunday? The electricity's gone off since Saturday evening and there's no customer service to talk to? How can one order a prepayment key online?
Highlighted

posted by Kymj | 8 months ago
How do you order a payment key online? Been backwards and forwards best part of an hour on the app. Had meter fitted 5 days ago, but havnt recieved a payment key. Cant contact customer services, and email response is generic!
Highlighted

posted by KAS | A month ago

Is there problem with pay points today not being able to take Scottish power fobs , I tried tesco st Leonard's ek and rs mcolls not working ?

Highlighted

posted by sarahcampbell | A month ago

@cchriskelly wrote:
I have lost my electricity key and in due to run out of credit. No one answering phones until Monday now, is there any way I can top up or use my emergency credit without needing my prepayment key? Thanks.

I am currently sitting with no electricity as it cut off at 7.20 tonight, I went to top up and my fob isn't working a cant get a hold of anyone and now really don't no what to do