Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

posted by Jaroszlav | A year ago
Re: Smart Meter not sending readings
Can it send it directly to SP bypassing electricity meter. I don’t care about IHD (thought it nice to have) provided I don’t need to bother or sending number. Otherwise, what is the point of haveving smarmeters?
Highlighted

posted by Davc | A year ago

Sorry the only way SP will get your gas reading is if you read the meter and send the reading by phone or online. Your property is not suitable for a smart gas meter and it should not have been fitted. 

posted by Rac | A year ago

As I thought all readings were now done automatically I must admit I haven’t been keeping an eye on things for 6 months.  When I looked at my account for readings it always says they are currently unavailable. Account did say to take a reading but I couldn’t see anything on the gas meter. Online again to check this and discovered I had to press middle button. As a result I am now in debit. What I don’t understand is that despite the long cold winter last year and a much milder one this year I appear to have used much more gas. That’s very strange.  Warning. Read your own meter regularly!

Highlighted

posted by Gareaton | 6 months ago
Please could you tell me if you are receiving meter readings from my smart meter. As my ihd does not show my electricity readings
Highlighted

posted by Davc | 6 months ago

@Gareaton   Community is not SP, you must ask SP later when they get back to normal

Highlighted

posted by Rjacks66 | 4 months ago

After  9 months of complaining  about  my meters not working being told someone would be along to replace a chip which would repair the problem  I called the phone number only to  be hung up on twice. I needed to speak to somebody as computers and the likes I am not comfortable with.  i have tried everything that has been advised. It looks as if  I will need to start lookin g for a new supplier with have good charges and customer care 

Highlighted

posted by SGTE | 3 months ago

My smart meters are both not displaying anything either.  That's an issue that SP HAS to resolve.

Highlighted

posted by Davc | 3 months ago

@SGTE   It is normal for smart meters to have blank screens. You have to press their buttons to make them show a reading. 

Highlighted

posted by SGTE | 3 months ago

Which 3 buttons, please?

Highlighted

posted by Bobby | 3 months ago
Any button on Gas meter wakes up the display

The Electricity meter should be displaying and scrolling through several displays, I think any of the 2 buttons pauses, it is nuisance doing manual readings: if you take a photo the 00000 display was probably showing, if you try to write them down, the digits keep changing.